“Good grilled fish”
Review of Station 4

Station 4
Reserve with OpenTable
Station 4 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #578 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cross street: M street
Transit: two steps from Waterfront Metro Station /Green Line
Description: A New American bistro-style restaurant
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just landed in DC delayed and pretty late we had what was supposed to be a survival dinner. We were positively surprised by the nice location and the platter of grilled fish was well prepared and very rich.
Only the spinach were ruined by some strange Indian spice rather than the plain taste we were expecting

1  Thank Ugogio

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had dinner with my brother while we both happened to be in DC on business. Found this restaurant, and enjoyed a nice pitcher of peach sangria with some seared tuna (with wasabi) and paella. Food was interesting and tasty. The prices were reasonable (maybe a bit pricey, but for the quality and taste, I thought very good). I'm not sure I would go to the area just for this restaurant, but it was a nice find for the times I'm in the area on business.

1  Thank adamcohenil1
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Station 4 looks chic and elegant, but my experience belied the first impression. I ordered to-go which was to be picked up at the bar. Although not serving other customers, and with my bagged meal sitting on a nearby counter, the woman in charge ignored me, inputting something into her station computer. Meanwhile, the duck fat French fries (highly touted by others who had eaten there) were growing soggy.

The fish taco has no cabbage (a standard ingredient in San Diego where the dish originated), and was served on flour tortillas (instead of corn) which, like the duck fat fries, also had grown soggy during the delay. The menu claims the Cuban sandwich comes on a French baguette and has Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard, and pickled jalapeño in addition to the meat. There was no cheese, I couldn't taste any Dijon, and there was a tiny, 1/2-inch slice of jalapeño in half the sandwich (I had to look long and hard for it). The sandwich wasn't on a baguette (a long roll, yes, but not a baguette), and half the toasted bread was burned black. Definitely whoever put that sandwich together was not properly focused on the job.

For lunch, this restaurant is not up to any worthy standard.

1  Thank Catriona E
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited Station 4 on a Monday and found they had an excellent fixed price menu for only $20. In addition, they also had several wines at half-price too.All three of us started with a nice salmon carpaccio. For mains two of us had more salmon, while the third member of our party had a vegetable brochette. For dessert two of us had a tasty chocolate ice cream cake, while the third had a mango sorbet. All of the dishes were very good. The atmosphere was nice and the tables and chairs very comfortable. The service was friendly and very helpful and included recommending a nice, wine in the half-price list.

1  Thank Bruce J
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had dinner at Station 4 prior to attending a performance at the Arena Theater. We had read mixed reviews on Trip Advisor so were a bit hesitant to try it for dinner. What a pleasant surprise! The weather was good so we had the opportunity to eat outside I had read reviews which said the restaurant was noisy but eating outside was quiet and private. The dinner was excellent and the service was prompt. Our waiter was very attentive to all of our needs. The Ahi Tuna was prepared perfectly Our waiter suggested having our dessert at the restaurant after the theater. This turned out to be a nice after dinner treat. This restaurant is conveniently located walking distance to the Arena Theater. There is a parking lot across the street from the restaurant. I recommend this restaurant as a very good option for dining prior to going to the Arena Theater.

1  Thank ebeard