“Another stunning sculpture!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Another stunning sculpture!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I particularly loved this piece of work. I liked the pathway between two rock faces and the great man stepping out from a partially hewn piece of stone. Coupled with the tablets - all containing small snippets of his speeches - this was a fantastic and fitting tribute!

• Arabic first
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Honor Flight Bus Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We drove past the M.L. King memorial but due to time restrictions we were unable to stop. We viewed the memorial from the Bus.

Yulara, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My favourite monument”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This monument is truly moving and reading his words on the walls touches one's humanity. This was my favourite of all the Washington monuments. What an inspirational human being. May he rest in peace. Go see it, it's worth it.

Visited November 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Powerful Reminder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The MLK, Jr monument was our finale on our family "MemorialS Day". Weekends are great for parking in D.C., so we easily found free parking in the parking lot that is along the tidal basin across the water from the Jefferson Memorial. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.National Memorial is a short walk from this parking area.
This memorial is quite impressive and meaningful on lots of levels. I was a child of the 50s; grew up in segregated Florida...a teen and young adult during the Civil Rights Movement, and suffered the terrible assassinations of the Kennedys and Martin Luther King, Jr. My own attitudes grew and evolved along with most white Americans of our time. The older I got, the more I genuinely, deeply appreciated the mission of Dr. King for his people and for people everywhere. You walk through an area of broken walls...tall and thick and strong, but broken...and into an open, beautiful area overlooking the water. Dr. King's ideals are deeply engraved in the walls surrounding this beautiful memorial. Words of a man inspired by his God. Strong, powerful words that brought about amazing change in our country. The likeness of Dr. King is carved in stone...much larger than life. A powerful statement in my mind about the everlasting value of his dream for our world that is much bigger than all of us.
People of all races and origins were visiting the site, but there was just something different about the Afican Americans who were there. They seemed to drink it in to a degree that I cannot, with a deeper understanding. An elderly woman sat still on a bench with a radiant smile that felt so warm and loving; a group of women celebrating their 30th birthday laughed and posed and celebrated life. A 30 something professional man, dressed in a suit and dress shoes on this Saturday, walked and read each quote in reverence. Meaningful beyond measure for all of them.
Very, very special for all of us.

Visited November 2013
South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I visited the MLK, Jr. Memorial on yesterday evening. It is beautifully down and I felt at peace in the Memorial. I plan to bring my family back soon.