“Unique, probably more fun for kids”
Review of The Mansion on O

The Mansion on O
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a really unique thing to do in DC, but I guess I just hyped it up too much and didn't enjoy myself as much as I thought I would. You can do self-guided or docent-led tours (and many other things like brunches and hotel stays). Husband and I did the champagne tour, meaning we just got a few free glasses of champagne. We found about 11 or 12 hidden doors, which is apparently better than average. We only spent an hour there, since we didn't really have many other places to go. Either that or we're just really bad at finding the doors.

That said, I think this activity would be way more fun for kids. There were a lot of kids there when we went, and they seemed to be having a blast. For me, it was just "meh."

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"artwork"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We took our ten year old and he didn't want to leave. We only found ten hidden doors but had a blast looking around at all the incredible things and seeing what moved and what did not. This is truly a unique experience that is great for kids who love adventure. Just be VERY careful to check days & times they are open and you must make a reservation regardless of what type of visit you want to have. We did the self guided tour and it was around $8 per person. We spent a couple of hours there but we could easily have spent more. Almost everything is for sale there too! You can rent out rooms in the hotel or an entertainment room as well. Highly recommend this for a one of a kind experience. We will certainly go back on our next trip to D.C.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had an awesome time; the mansion is always the highlight of our trips from Tennessee. Sat in on an awesome blues jam too as a bass just happened to be available! —

Reviewed 24 September 2013

went for a tour as part of a conference event. could have spent more time looking at the many (100?) rooms with all that stuff... and apparently it's actually placed in some kind of themes... some more evident than others. couldn't find many of the hidden door ways through lack of time (or lack of ability!) would return for sure.