“Pre-Opera Burger & Fries”

Burger Tap & Shake Foggy Bottom
Ranked #38 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Something was missing, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

The ingredients all seemed fresh and individually tasty. The buns were thoughtfully baked. The french fries were nothing special, and neither were the onion rings, really. Just average.

I had the blue cheese & bacon burger. I ordered it medium and it came out at the perfect temperature. The bacon was large, semi-hard chunks of smoked bacon. Not my thing.

I like Z Burger better (sorry, but I do!).

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Convenient location to where we stayed near Georgetown, near the Foggy Bottom Metro stop. Never read the reviews but simply visited based on walking by, chose this for lunch.

A bit expensive for burgers but well worth it. Not greasy, just juicy. Cooked correctly, great toppings. Good side of sweet potato fries.

Service was good, but this is more of "upscale fast food" so you aren't served at the table. That's fine, no issue with that.

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

It is my first time in here, not the last for sure. Finally I found a great burger in the area. The prices are very convince too. I didn't like the fries that much. I'll rate it 8/10

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We've been here twice and have been very pleased. The burgers aren't "greasy" as others have indicated. We have opted for the sweet potato fries which are consistently hot and crispy. Service has been friendly and excellent overall. And the shakes are thick and tasty - just as they should be. Why no fifth star? As a native Californian I have to reserve this for Nation's (only found in CA) as they ARE the best burgers on Earth. :-)

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Menu of burgers (including chicken) and alcoholic/non-alcoholic shakes. Only tried the non-alcoholic chocolate shake but the alcoholic shakes sound very fun (Apocalypto: Fireball cinnamon whiskey, homemade marshmallows and choc ice cream). Fast-serve format with friendly wait-staff.