“Pleasantly surprised!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a long day of playing tourist, the whole family thoroughly enjoyed BT&S. Despite the favorable reviews, the name didn't inspire confidence in being better than the average burger and a malt. But, the sides were great and interesting, and burgers were good. We were very surprised by the shakes. They were awesome. I would go back anytime just for a shake. They didn't taste like soft serve shakes, but have the rich and creamy taste of real ice cream. The flavors were rich, and the shakes big and filling enough to share.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have a service dog and was asked to show some papers by a certain Miss April Pierce. Now that is against the ADA and I went to this fast food multiple times in the last three months with my SD. I finally had to just leave the situation before getting worked up and having a panic attack.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We found this comfortable restaurant, recommended by a relative, after viewing the monuments on the mall! The location also was very convenient for getting to and from the Metro! This great restaurant was our Oasis after walking in the heat from the monuments. The counter had space for the 3 of us and we were greeted by a friendly and quick staff that made recommendations that worked! The burgers were by far huge and juicy! Actually, scrumptious! And the onion rings were the BIGGEST I’ve ever seen! This restaurant is what every one hopes to find!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Were out of the shake I ordered - they made me a different one... okay, fine. Order came out wrong, but they fixed it... no big deal. Was busy, and told we were not allowed to sit at the bar... geez. A table ended up coming available. Burger was pretty flavorless, but the shake was good. Just kind of a weird experience. Not a place I'd need to come back to.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Walking from Georgetown to the National Museum of African American History and Culture, it began to rain at a time I was becoming hungry and I happened to be close to BTS. There was room at the counter and I ordered a burger from the bartender. While I was waiting a short while for the burger some enormous carry out orders were being picked up. BTS is a popular place with good reason. It offers a very good basic burger and fries and lots of burger variations. The shakes are also a hit.