“Overcharged”

Sofitel Washington DC
Ranked #20 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level

5  Thank Peter_Cairns_11
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Write a ReviewReviews (3,277)

A TripAdvisor Member
Trenton
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I have visited the Sofitel Washington four times this year. All of the staff go out of their way to make guests feel comfortable; all requests are fulfilled promptly. Many staff remember my name. The overall experience from the front door, to check in, Le Bar and ICI Urban Bistro is first rate. Rooms are on the small side, but well appointed. A great plus is ICI, where Chef Olivier Perret prepares terrific upscale bistro. During the past year, my spouse, business guests and I have dined at ICI many times, and have never been disappointed. The food and service are high quality, a value, and a real DC gem. My spouce who has lived in Paris, enjoys the French flair, the international staff, and the American "can do" warmth and positive attitude. Among DC's top hotels, this one ranks among the best.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Merci beacoup! It is always a pleasure to welcome back familiar guests, and as always I thank you for choosing us. Please be sure to come visit now that the Farmer's Market is back, because every Friday we offer the Fresh Farm Friday menu with a variety of fresh produce and cheeses that I personally hand select. We will see you soon, a bientot!

Best,
Olivier Perret
Executive Chef

Reviewed 5 May 2011

I have stayed in many a hotel. The Sofitel Lafayette Square, to my mind, is one of the best -- if not the best -- I have ever stayed in. The location was great (it was a block and a half from the White House!), the hotel itself was uniquely elegant, and the hotel staff -- from the doormen to the front desk staff to the concierge to the room service personnel -- was simply outstanding. The service was just superb. I am glad I chose this hotel. And I hope to come back to Washington DC and to once again stay in this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank charliechan96
Reviewed 3 May 2011

From Check in to check out and everything in between this hotel was number 1! We travelled around the states for 5 weeks and stayed in 7 4/5 star hotels (some much more expensive than the Sofitel) and this was by far the best. The staff are the most friendly and professional I have come across in all my travels. The rooms were beautiful including a gorgeous bathroom with floor to roof tiles and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The gym is great with all the equipment you need and in excellent condition. The location is perfect, a short walk to some major attractions. Will recommend this hotel to anyone heading to DC for either work or leisure.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

This hotel bed (pillows, bedding, etc) is the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Also, the room was so cozy and quiet (so quiet, that we thought perhaps we were the only ones on our floor...which was not the case). I lastly want to comment on how friendly the staff were. Room service was prompt and the food was very good. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This is a great hotel you will not be disappointed! You can't find a better location. The service (everyone was polite and friendly and helpful) was fantastic, the restaurant was great and they have a great bar. I contacted the hotel prior to our visit to inquire about any upgrades that might be available since I was going to celebrate my anniversary and birthday..thought I'd splurge a little more. The got back to me right away with a free upgrade and congratulated me on my celebrations. They also sent a nice bottle of evian and wonderful chocolates with a handwritten note the first night we were there congratulating us once again. It goes without saying that the rooms were quite nice and the bathroom were great. The beds were also extremely comfortable. The only tiny issue I had with the hotel was that the thermostat was set to not go below 65 degrees and I am pretty hot natured so this was a little uncomfortable at night when I was sleeping. When I stay again (and we will be back) I will just let the hotel know and I am sure they will accommodate me. Thanks to everyone at the Sofitel we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Just ask, the hotel is more than helpful