“Great stay in DC”

Sofitel Washington DC
Ranked #20 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at Sofitel for a long weekend before Thanksgiving and couldn't have been happier. The location, a couple of short blocks from the White House and a 10 minute walk from the Mall, was perfect. We booked a junior suite and although the view is lacking - other windows - it was very comfortable. Although its entry was directly across from the elevators, you didn't hear any elevator noise except in the shower…. which wasn't a problem. The staff was incredibly friendly, the bar was very nice and the beds were comfy. My only two nitpicks were: towels and amenities. The towels are motel thin and the toiletries were not very nice - especially compared to the Hermes Orange Vert received at Sofitel Munich. But those are minor and wouldn't prevent me from highly recommending this hotel. Thanks for a terrific weekend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel hotels worldwide. I am sure you have come to expect a high standard of luxury with your experiences in our properties, and I am pleased to know that we were no different here in Washington D.C. I have informed our Housekeeping manager about your feedback regarding the towels, and for your next visit, be sure to request Hermes products. Sofitels worldwide use the same bath amenities, Lanvin and Hermes brands, and here it is our suites that have the Hermes products. We are happy to accommodate!

Wishing you Happy Holidays and a sparkling New Year!

Truly,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Centrally located in DC, where everything happens (i.e. not much). Tastefully decorated. We had a room on the 8th floor overlooking the street (very bright) yet very quiet. Service was attentive, breakfast was a little bit inefficient, but all in all OK. We had some issues whilst checking out, with a bill which was totally erroneous, but we could fix it quickly and efficiently. Would not mind staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Merci beaucoup! The nice thing about our location is that in the immediate blocks surrounding the hotel, we enjoy a quiet and peaceful environment, yet just a 5-10 minute walk in any direction, you will arrive at D.C.'s best restaurants, shops and tourist destinations. I am sorry there were necessary corrections to your bill, but I am happy that it was able to be smoothly cleared up. This sometimes happens if mini bar items are moved and the automatic sensor registers the item, for example. But we are always happy to make things right!

Bonne année et bonne santé,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The high rating is spot on. Beautiful hotel, small enough to get to your room quickly, very attentive staff, good food n the dining room, and quick attention to a minor problem in the room. 2 blocks from the White House. Good value; could have spent a couple of hundred dollars more per night and not gotten better room or service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Sofitel. I am pleased to know you were able to experience our service across departments and that you found it to be so attentive. I hope we will see you again in 2014, and until then we wish you a wonderful Holiday Season!

Truly,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I'm a musician that travels all over the world and has stayed at great hotels. I got some good rest at the Sofitel DC. When in DC I'm working for Black Entertainment Television ( B.E.T ) doing a show for 2 weeks. My problem wasn't until I left DC the first week. I forgot a Playstation Vita in my room. We left about 5 a.m so no house keeping was going on at that time. At about 5:30 I realized that I'd left it so I called a told the the front desk my room number, what I forgot and where it was. They told me that they would tell house keeping to put it in lost and found, but not at the lost and found in there pocket. Yes they stole it!! I came back the next week to work and NO ONE KNOWS WHERE IT IS. So you mean to tell me " I leave at 5 a.m, call at 5:30, nobody has the key to my room but The Sofitel Hotel, house keeping comes in, and now I can't find my belongings. THE HOUSE KEEPING PEOPLE ARE THEIFS. NO RESPECT FOR PEOPLES STUFF. So I say don't leave anything or you will NEVER see it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Anna Chaley C, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Javert,

We take this quite seriously as we are a luxury hotel with a reputation for upholding the utmost security for our guests and their belongings. We have not had any situations in the past similar to your suggestion, and I am confident this case is the same. I would recommend you contact us directly regarding your stay back in July so that we may look into it further.

Jean-Christophe Gras

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Service from this Hotel is excellent. Staff are very good and provide consistent service at a high level. Paul, Brian, Brita, Freedie are excellent in the restaurant and Allan does a really good job for customers in the Bar and Lounge area. Only gripe was that we had to wait about 2 hours for a room after having been on a 17 hour flight . Not pleasant. Staff did try and expedite room . Pity as we specifically requested an early check in

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I will happily share your kind words about our F&B Ambassadors with our team. I apologize that you had to wait for a room to be ready. Although we try our best to accommodate such requests, especially after such a long journey, it can sometimes be a bit difficult according to the occupancy and the room type availability. That said, I hope you will be back again to join us on your future travels, and we will ensure you have just as lovely of a visit.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Sofitel Washington was a great choice with easy access to national mall and surrounding restaurants, but also the metro station!

- Excellent reception, bell and door staff!
- Great rooms with modern decor.
- Very good acknowledgement of Accor Platinum.

Would happily return here!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Boeta85

Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel and AccorHotels worldwide. We cherish our Le Club members, as we know you have a choice in hotels, and we strive to maintain the level of luxury service and accommodations you have come to know and love from Sofitel hotels. Now if only we could build a Sofitel property in Monkey Mia!!

Wishing you Happy Holidays,