Sofitel Washington DC
  • Room Service
US$240
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$418
US$148
US$237
US$194
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$193
US$165
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
US$189
US$178
3,317 results
All reviewswhite housele barluxury roomlafayette squareroom serviceebbitt grillcity viewturn down servicecorner roomjunior suitetwo blocksbed was very comfortableconcierge deskmini barhotel barwonderful hotelnational mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I really dig art-deco buildings, so when I saw this hotel from the outside, I was immediately transported to an Audrey Hepburn Movie, and boy I loved it! The Sofitel has always been a hotel chain I liked, and even though this is not the extravagant, jaw-dropping big Sofitel I am used to, it is not the worst I have been to.
The lobby, again with a charming art-deco style, is small. It is the size of a hallway, a long one, but not wide and tall one. The staff was welcoming and very professional, not surprising for a hotel of such a name. I was really excited, as a fan of the style, to see how the rooms would look like. Unfortunately, I found a dull, plain room, very tiny, with magnificent views but no substance. The bed was comfy, but the empty walls and the giant wood ornament on the back were rather unappealing. It's unfortunate, telling how beautiful the hotel is on the other side, the rooms just doesn't justify the 280 USD rate.
The location is amazing of course. Near the White House, there are many swanky hotels around, but what definitely stands out from this one are the bar and the restaurant, which are extremely beautiful. I went to the bar the two nights I stayed here (Give me a cigar and you swear you feel like Sean Connery) The restaurant is also very good, buuuut it is expensive. I went there for lunch and have to say they really pull off some fancy dishes...and also some fancy prices. Yes. My wallet. It hurts!
So this Sofitel is a guilty pleasure of mine because of the design of the spaces that aren't the rooms. It is pretty expensive, though, so I don't know if I recommend staying here. But definitely come by, specially if you are a 60's nostalgic cinema junkie. Play it again, sam...Oh wait, that is a tad older than the 60's.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am thrilled to know that you noticed our Art Deco style and intimate setting in the heart of Washington D.C. I have passed on your compliments to our ambassadors both in the restaurant and Le Bar. We are continuously refreshing and updating our rooms and public spaces, so I am sure you will pleased on your next visit. If you are hoping to save a little, be sure to check the website for special packages and seasonal offers. This is a great way to receive added benefits, sometimes breakfast, sometimes a sweet treat or even champagne. It all depends what is available at the time, but it is worth a look!

Truly,
Anna

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The title speaks for the hotel itself.
I stayed at the Sofitel during the New Years and was very satisfied with the stay.
Overall experience is 5-star.

Right from the Check-In till Check-Out not a single complaint or dissatisfaction I can even think of.Everybody staring from the Valet , doorman , concierge to the front desk greets you with a smile.The front-desk is very pleasant to work with and welcomes the guests with a smile and makes them feel special.
It is a Luxury hotel and justifies its status. The suites and rooms are gorgeous. The bathroom is very spacious and is awesome.The best thing in the room is the Bed ; the smooth and soft silky linen was just perfect. The mattress was so comfortable that I slept instantly as soon as I layed down.
The room service is fast and flawless. The ambience of the hotel , lobby , walkways, elevators is all A-Class.
The on-site restaurant Ici Bar is amazing , if you love French cuisine (which I am sure most of the people do) you should try it.
The location of this hotel is impeccable , close to White-House and lots of amazing restaurants and activities.
I will definitely repeat my stay in this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prasad T
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I completely agree with high ratings given to this hotel by previous reviewers. My family and I stayed here over Christmas and found the service to be outstanding. We were faced with a family emergency during our visit and had to cut our stay short and return home to Australia. The Front Desk Manager, Matthew, went out of his way to help us during a very difficult time. We cannot thank him enough for his kindness.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 5 January 2014

On arriving we found our room quite dark and with no view and the wardrobe (supplied with only 5 coat hangers) was just about big enough to hang my husbands suit and 3 shirts. I promptly spoke to the front desk and stressed my disappointment! Sebastian was more than helpful, he immediately moved us to a larger room (with a view) and sent up ample coat hangers. We were very impressed with this service and this continued throughout our stay. Eating in the main restaurant was a delight, the food was excellent. The bar was a very comfortable place to sit and have a 'cocktail'. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better, we were within walking distance of all the attractions and there's certainly lots to see. The Old Ebbitt Grille (2 blocks from hotel) is worth a visit. We sat at the bar to eat, drink and watch the world go by, food was tasty too!
The 'big bus tour' is a must and using the metro is very easy. Arlington Cemetry makes you feel humble and all the memorials are amazing. We only managed one museum (the American History) but it was so worth doing! Washington is a great place to visit and the Sofitel is a great place to stay, we would definetly go back. We also stayed in the Sotiftel Heathrow (Terminal 5) before flying out, like the Sofitel Gatwick a very comfortable place to stay before that long flight!! to the USA.

Room Tip: Choose a Queen size room and ask for a view. Make sure you are on floor 4 or above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hazel S
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Love the location and the room. The staff in reception were excellent especially Emily. The bell staff were also great and very helpful. Would stay again no problem, but wouldn't worry about the breakfast.

Our only complaint would be breakfast which we purchased within the room charge. It was not freshly prepared although coming off an a-la-carte menu. When we presented our vouchers to the server the menu was suddenly changed to a different one than the regular menu we had been given (with a much reduced selection) which (based on the speed it was delivered and its presentation and flavour) I believe was served from a bain-marie out the back. The food was terrible (cold and unappetising bacon and sausages, eggs under cooked served not on toast but in a bowl with a lot of water). Servers were also not as nice as other hotel staff.

Snow on last morning made the setting lovely.

Room Tip: Avoid including breakfast
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family