We knew Sofitel hotels from other (European) vacations and we stayed at Sofitel Lafayette Square (Washington DC) few nights in July 2014.
- We've selected this hotel for its location, since we wanted to walk to the Memorial, Smithsonian museums, Capitol, etc.
- Check-in/check-out - quick, no lines, since the hotel was not full.
- Room is average size, furniture old-ish.
- Bed/mattress is amazing !
- Complimentary toiletries (Lanvin, very good), robes and slippers are provided.
- No coffee maker in the room.
- Mini-fridge in the room; some prices: 15 $ for a little cognac bottle, 6 $ Coke/Sprite, etc. plus 15% tax, plus 20% other tax, etc
- Hotel bistro and bar: not many menu choices, 15$ small glass of wine in the "le Bar" (one restaurant down the road, same wine, in a bigger glass it was 6$).
- Stuff - service ok; we didn't need the concierge services.
- Valet parking - 50$/day
Overall it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square represents one of the most exclusive locations in the nation's capital. Discover this contemporary downtown Washington DC hotel, situated at the corner of Lafayette Square, bordering the White House. Our downtown DC hotel accommodations occupy an updated historic landmark, first erected in 1880. Celebrate Sofitel's "art de vivre" within this luxury hotel in downtown Washington DC - marked by distinctive style, superb cuisine, and incomparable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Accor Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Sofitel