“Professional service with a smile”

Sofitel Washington DC
Ranked #19 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Trenton, NJ
“Professional service with a smile”
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I never really stay at the same hotel as a conference I am attending, but in this case, the location made it much easier. I can tell you that this hotel was impeccable in every aspect, from the front door to check-in, meeting rooms, my own room, and even the fitness center. Can't say enough about the friendly and professional staff, and they are willing to go the extra mile to assist. I travel a great deal, and rank this as one of the best.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rye, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel for three days and from the moment we arrived we were treated with the utmost consideration. Without even asking we received a free upgrade, had truffles and bottled Evian delivered to our room (For no apparent reason) and for our room service breakfast had a basket of fresh French pastries added at no charge. Furthermore, the room was beautiful! The bathroom was spacious and lovely, the bed was more comfortable than the beds at The Ritz Carlton, and the room was impeccably clean. Every employee was knowledgeable, friendly, and took the time to help out with every detail. We enjoyed staying at the Sofitel immensely and will surely be staying there next time we travel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I was impressed with the comfort of the room, friendly and helpful staff, and attention to detail in the presentation of the hotel. The food in the restaurant was declicious. Very swanky for a reasonable price. The front desk staff was great, especially the guest relations manager, Anna Croll. Thanks for a truly enjoyable two day stay. I will be back to stay with you on my next trip to DC. Thank you!

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
washington dc
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Staying at the Sofitel was a wonderful experience for me and my wife. The minute we entered the hotel, we felt the French experience. Service was amazing and staff were very attentive to make sure of all our comforts and needs were met. The rooms were well decored, clean with excellent bathroom amenities. Anna, the Guests Relations Manager was kind, considerate and very caring about making each guests experience special. Though everything about the hotel was fantastic, I will never forget my room service breakfast. If I was blind-folded, I would have bet I was in a cafe in Paris. The coffee was french press, the croissants were warm, fresh and moist and the yogurt and granola were amazing!!! This hotel is wonderfully located near all of the major sightseeing attractions in D.C. and within walking distance of very fine restaurants. In our opinion, it is the ideal place to stay in D.C.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Two adjoining rooms for 4 days. Great with the family. Restaurant was excellent. Service as expected with a Sofitel was excellent. THis is a smaller scale hotel as well, which I liked.

The hotel was late cleaning our rooms one day and took very good care of us to make sure we were happy and satisfied.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2011

This is a great hotel! We loved it, from the Bar in the lobby to the beautiful rooms.

What I really liked about this hotel, was that our room departed from the formula layout of a hotel room that I have in my head to something that felt more like a little apartment.

Good location - very very close to the sights of DC.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Recently stayed here with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. Hotel staff upgraded our room once they found out. They even sent up a complementary chocolate desert! Valet pointed out a spot on the street I could park in so as to avoid the $40 overnight fee. Package included breakfast for two in their restaurant--it was really amazing all the food we were offered. Cooked to perfection. Workout facility was very nice also.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple