“Good BBQ, very limited beverage options, hit-or-miss overall”
Review of Standard

Standard
Ranked #1,843 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

If you time it right, it's a festive, small outdoor afternoon BBQ place on DC's hip 14th St. corridor.

Otherwise, it's too packed with little air flow. There's no organized seating - which is usually awkward with everyone hovering. That spills over to service - it's fine but they always seem like they're trying to get their bearings.

The bar is limited to beer and hard cider. They don't even serve wine.

I'll go back, but I prefer other BBQ places with a full bar.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

During the summer last year I was a frequent customer at Standard. The atmosphere is great and the food is well done too. I'm sure others have mentioned it, but you should definitely get a donut, they are divine. Don't pass up the BBQ either, it's seriously good.

The beer list is short but it keeps the quality top-notch and the bartenders are always friendly even when things get a little crazy. The vibe is very laid back and I've always had a good time. The only reason it's four instead of five stars is that it's often hard to find space especially recently as Standard has gotten quite popular--but not a bad problem to have if it means keeping a quality place in business.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

if u are ever in DC for a visit, stop into the Standard for a brisket sandwich, ale and onion rings...or a whole pig's head! Whatever floats your boat. But it will not disappoint. Grab a free spot on a bench (if u find room. Quite popular among locals) and grab a huge mug of beer! Relax, converse and enjoy a meal that will leave you full and satisfied. Or just snack on the fried pickles and onion rings. If you are reAlly lucky, u may catch a special on the menu that is a one time only, once-its-gone, -its- gone kinda treasure! I love this place! Usually closed for winter, as the seating is all outdoors.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was shopping for furniture at GoodWood and had the pleasure of passing this beer garden on the way to Home Rule... On the way back, we couldn't resist. My friend and I sat down next to a young man reading (always a good sign). We ordered yummy brats grilled just right and tasty brew. It began to rain and we were still dry under the umbrellas. We started talking and laughing altogether and the young man put away his book. We called up another friend to join us! And he sat drinking with our new companion while we stuffed the car with furniture before closing time, and came back for one last cold one...

Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place it's really nice.It has a good patio with comunal tables. And during the summer it's always crowded.
It's a nice place to meet friends and drink.

* Note: A day when everything went wrong. When we arrived it was a very hot night and a few minutes later we were experiencing a "derecho". It was an incredible moment. And we all survived!