Georgetown Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
The Georgetown Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Melrose Georgetown Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The River Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
1,013 results
All reviewsm streetfull kitchenstudio suitecirculator buscontinental breakfastyogurtparking garagehard boiled eggspotomac riversmall kitchensofa beddining tablebars and restaurantsbit datedexcellent locationroom was largefoggy bottom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel is located right on the bus route for easy downton access. The accomodations we had included bedroom, Livingroom/dining room and Kitchen..great! Comfortable for the fussiest traveler. Included free wifi and friendly and helpful staff. I'm putting this on my return list!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

For my third stay at this hotel, I was not as pleased as during previous stays. The rooms and hotel are not fancy, but you can't beat the location for Georgetown access and extended stay layout is a bonus. The beds are super comfy, internet is free, breakfast includes sandwiches, bagels, pastries, cereal, fruits, selection of juices and all day coffee/tea. The dining area was just renovated and is clean and comfortable. So what gives??? The internet went down while we were there and took two days while they replaced the system. This may be improved now. Also, my room key expired no fewer than five times during a seven day trip...to include twice in one day. Garage parking is convenient, but low clearance and Georgetown-pricey and I was daily locked out of the hotel from the garage and someone had to come let me in. The worst of the worst is the elevator. You could do your taxes in the time it takes for it to respond. Would I stay here again if business brought me? Yes. Would I ask for a low floor near the stairs? Yes.

Room Tip: Close to the stairs and low floor to avoid the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear this stay wasn't as pleasant as your past stays. I apologize that the internet wasn't working during your stay, and that your key kept getting deprogrammed. We have upgraded our wireless internet access, so it is now faster with a stronger signal. We hope to have you stay with us again. Please fee free to email me directly to request your reservation.

Pam Welliver
Director of Sales
pam@georgetownsuites.com

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked a studio suite but ended up with a one-bedroom suite - which was nice, but not really neccessary - it was really way too big for us. The suite was huge - larger than the apartment we stayed in during 4 months in DC last year, but I guess that would be nice for people staying longer that our four nights.

Anyways, the location was really why we booked this hotel. It is very nicely set in the midst of Georgetown, close to the bustop for the Circulator, and in easy walking distance of the metro station at Foggy Bottom - even with heavy suitcases. We love the Georgetown area, and to be in the main M street just by turning the corner, that is really a gem.

We also found the price to be reasonable. The hotel might be a little worn and maybe a bit outdated, but really, that doesn't matter to us. We had the complimentary breakfast one day, but ate out the rest. Not great, but still a nice gesture - and handy I guess especially for business people. If we found a good deal, we would stay at the Georgetown suites again.

Room Tip: Unless you really want a huge place to stay, the studio suite is more than big enough.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHJTH
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Georgetown Suites on our trip to Washington DC.
We stayed in an apartment that had 1 room with a very comfortable queen bed and 1 living room with a sofa bed where my kids slept. It has a small, but very complete kitchen which gave us the possibility to eat in if we felt like not going to restaurants. The location is perfect, being just 2 blocks away from M Street and close to the riverside. The staff (specially the guys in the front desk) were extremely friendly and helpful. Totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank miamicha
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thanks for sharing your comments. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay! We're so glad you found our front desk staff friendly! We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Worst hotel i've ever checked into. 1 star for location only. Dirty, poorly lit and felt unsafe. There was no one behind the check in counter when we arrived. A guy slowly walked over from a tv in the lobby to check us in. He was rude. When we finally went up to our room, it stunk. Like an old mildewy stench. the room looked NOTHING at all like the pictures on the website. False advertising! We stayed for 10 mins. and then literally checked out. I figured i would deal with my credit card company to get a refund, but the only other reason for the 1 star is that when we left he just said he's cancel our reservation and there would be no charge. And the price i had was by no means a bargain. It was $315/ night.

Room Tip: go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Ellen F:
I'm very sorry you had a bad experience at Georgetown Suites. You will receive an email directly from our General Manager addressing the issues you noted. You can see from the many positive reviews, that we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. I apologize that the service you received wasn't up to our usual standard.

Pam Welliver