“Clean and Friendly Hotel in Georgetown!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Georgetown Suites

Georgetown Suites
Ranked #82 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Boston, Massachusetts
“Clean and Friendly Hotel in Georgetown!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in March 2014. I only stayed one nights as I was in town for a work meeting. Please note that there are 2 buildings as part of this hotel. I stayed at the one on 29th St. Upon arriving to the hotel, I was greeted by a very nice front desk person (Miguel?). He was very efficient in checking me in and letting me know restaurants in the area as well as other hotel amenities. Breakfast is served daily and is complimentary. Also, I had free WiFIi. My room was on the 3rd floor and I was put in a very spacious one bedroom suite. Actually the room was so large that it was actually bigger than my two bedroom apartment in Boston! The room was impeccably clean. However, the hotel was certainly showing its age with dated furniture in the living and kitchen areas. The kitchenette was also very clean but had broken drawers and old appliances. Some upgrading is much needed at this hotel. Also, there was a musty odor that was quite pungent when I walked into the room. I ended up putting on the air which helped to circulate some of the smell and make it less noticeable. The bedroom and living room had large flat screen TVs with many channels to chose from. The bed itself was quite comfortable and newer. The bathroom had been updated somewhat and had plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries. All in all this is a nice, clean and friendly hotel in an excellent location in Georgetown. The nightly fee was not cheap by any means but I had an ample amount of space and could easily have fit a family in the unit which would make it more affordable. If you go in not expecting the Ritz, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brown_Eyes1977
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in a spacious one bedroom suite at Georgetown Suites. Thanks for mentioning Miguel. He takes great care of our guests! We hope to have you stay with us again next time you are in DC!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at the suites for 5 days. The staff was helpful, caring and responsible. I strongly recommend this place to others. :) since the suites are located in the heart of Georgetown, therefore, there are plenty of places to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to take advantage of our great location. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future! Thanks for your nice comments.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just spent 2 nights there with my sister and niece, waiting out a major snowstorm in DC on our way to Florida. We could not have been more pleased at the warm, friendly and professional treatment we received from Jeffrey upon our arrival. He really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. It was great that we could park our car under the building and take the elevator to our floor. The room was large and comfortable, lots of breakfast selection, in the heart of Georgetown, and a short walk to all the DC sights. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
I'm so glad we could be your safe haven during the crazy winter weather we've been having! Thanks for mentioning Jeffrey. He has been a long time employee, and a guest favorite! We are lucky to have him. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Georgetown Suites!
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Three of us shared a spacious suite. The price and quality were just right for us. Breakfast was at times hectic but good. The Georgetown Suites is not fancy, but always clean and comfortable. The staff couldn't be nicer and the neighborhood is great for tourists.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank leftwing
Thanks for your nice comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Georgetown Suites. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Perfect location in Georgetown, helpful staff, and lovely hot breakfast. I was surprised by how big the room was - full kitchen and living room. Plus it was really affordable! This trip was really important to me, I went there to retrace the steps of my Mother's childhood and where she met and fell in love with my father (both now deceased).I came armed with her diary, photos, and audio of her telling stories of her youth with my grandparents. I was overwhelmed by how much the staff cared about my journey and when I took a serious fall at the ice rink (which is really close by) the night clerk called my room to let me know he'd run to the pharmacy for me if I needed anything! I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The only thing I'd recommend when booking is to ask for a room with a view (upper floor facing t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeanine44
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thanks for sharing your comments about your trip to Georgetown. It sounds like such a great way to learn about family history. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you back as our guest again next time!
Panama Province, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My whole family stayed for a week in 3 suites while we buried my father at Arlington National Cemetery. We were treated like royalty and the staff was available for our every request.
The only place to stay in DC is Georgetown because you never need a car and and the best bars and restaurants are steps away..
The manager Crystal is very professional & helpful and the front desk staff is awesome...
Breakfast is good for such a large property and the front desk will arrange airport pickup MUCH cheaper than you can find on the internet...Taxis are abundant and shopping is mind-blowing!!!
You can walk to Trader Joe's to do grocery shopping and there is a laundry on each floor..
Think no more..Georgetown Suites has it all!!!

Room Tip: Only draw back is $30 nightly car parking charge...take a cab there, you don't need your car!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tamara B
Thanks so much for your nice comments. I'm glad you were able to meet Crystal, our General Manager. She is the main reason that the hotel staff has all been here for so many years. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Georgetown Suites. We hope to have you back as our guest again next time you are in the area.
Molnlycke, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with parking garage. Good sized room, felt a bit dated...
Happy about the room except for the heating, it is really loud and can't really cover for the child draft from the windows. OK, it's -10C outside, but the heating must be able to keep up.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jonaseng
Thanks for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your spacious suite. I'm sorry that the heat in your room wasn't able to keep up with the extreme cold weather we've recently had. If you haven't already advised us of the room number, I would love for you to email me directly with your room and dates of stay, so we can follow up on this specific issue. We hope to have you back at Georgetown Suites again soon!
Pam Welliver Pam@georgetownsuites.com