“Great last minute find”
Review of Georgetown Suites

Georgetown Suites
Ranked #76 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was the only place in Georgetown where I could find a last minute room during the peak cherry blossom weekend. We came in for a visit to the university with our daughter and stayed in a huge 2 bedroom/2 bath suite complete with a full kitchen and DR/LR. One could say it was pricey (about $440 per night) but compared to a regular hotel room in the area I felt it was decent value for the spaciousness (it also included a sofa bed) and convenience (we walked to campus). Didn't need a car (and you don't want one in Georgetown!). It was clean, quiet, comfortable and had all the necessary amenities. I feared the "continental" breakfast would be the standard bagels and cereal, but there were egg/bacon/cheese biscuit sandwiches to heat in the microwave, as well as hard-boiled eggs and string cheese for those who crave protein in the morning. Chocolate croissants for those who choose to misbehave. Fruit and much more. I believe we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I'm so glad we could exceed your expectations for a last minute booking! It's great you enjoyed your stay in our spacious suite. We hope to have you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Georgetown Suites

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Highly alarmed to check into this hotel and find that they put me on a ground floor room on a city street. Not good for anyone but especially a single female. Front desk staff was nice but ineffectual and the manager refused to move me to a safer room on a higher floor. Yes, I realize things are busy, but in other cases like this something has always been worked out. (To be fair, they moved me from one from ground floor room to another, which ironically is right off the lobby and super noisy -- that'll teach me.) I would leave and find another place but everything is either sold out tonight or in a not good part of town. Have called two friends to see if I can crash at their place -- fingers crossed something works out. Been traveling for years and have never been treated so poorly. Check out the photo -- would you spend the night in this room? Wish me luck!

Room Tip: Based on the way I was treated, I would avoid this hotel. Other rooms might be nicer but they did no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SFTravelr

I'm so sorry that you were put in a room where you didn't feel safe. We want all our guests to feel safe and comfortable when they stay with us. It was a busy night for us, but we should have found you a room that could accommodate you comfortably. I apologize that we didn't provide you the excellent service we are known for.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Parking our car was a little tight but other than that the service and the room was great. We stayed for three nights, the room was perfect, the staff was friendly and very responsive, and the continental breakfast was very well stocked. They really hustled to keep all the food flowing as there were a lot of guests at breakfast.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Findit999
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a very positive experience at this hotel. Great location within easy reach of the National Mall and Georgetown shops and restaurants. Helpful and friendly staff and pleasant accommodation. Would definitely book again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just stayed there for the 4th time in 6 years and it gets better every time. Every staff member was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful, especially Tanya and Patricia; they all go out of their way to make your stay with them as comfortable as possible. (They even recognize returning guests, no matter how long it has been since your last stay!) The rooms are big, quiet, and clean. Love the location -- great for walking to anywhere in Georgetown, to Foggy Bottom Metro, or to the Mall. Close access to wonderful running/walking trails along the Potomac. I can't say enough about this place. It's my home away from home whenever I'm in DC.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thanks for sharing your comments and mentioning Tanya and Patricia. They are two of our longtime employees that we value so much. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel has a prime, convenient location in Georgetown. A little hard to find at first as it's tucked away, and you need to know before you get there that there's no valet parking - you have to idle outside the door where cars are not supposed to wait, go inside and get the key to the garage around the block that is associated with the hotel for $30/day. Not a problem if you are traveling with someone and they can move the car in case you are told to move while waiting to get the paperwork/key/directions for the garage, but if you're alone it could be tricky. Otherwise the hotel is great. The suite space is more than comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless and spacious. The buffet breakfast was decent, not elaborate, but still good. Location in Georgetown is perfect - 1/2 block off the main street of shops/restaurants, and 1/2 block the other way is the beautiful Potomac with walking/running path and more restaurants. Approximately 1/4-1/2 mile walk to subway which we did pretty easily for visiting the museums. I will definitely stay here again any time I need to visit Washington.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline B

Thanks for your nice comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again for your next trip to DC.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in March 2014. I only stayed one nights as I was in town for a work meeting. Please note that there are 2 buildings as part of this hotel. I stayed at the one on 29th St. Upon arriving to the hotel, I was greeted by a very nice front desk person (Miguel?). He was very efficient in checking me in and letting me know restaurants in the area as well as other hotel amenities. Breakfast is served daily and is complimentary. Also, I had free WiFIi. My room was on the 3rd floor and I was put in a very spacious one bedroom suite. Actually the room was so large that it was actually bigger than my two bedroom apartment in Boston! The room was impeccably clean. However, the hotel was certainly showing its age with dated furniture in the living and kitchen areas. The kitchenette was also very clean but had broken drawers and old appliances. Some upgrading is much needed at this hotel. Also, there was a musty odor that was quite pungent when I walked into the room. I ended up putting on the air which helped to circulate some of the smell and make it less noticeable. The bedroom and living room had large flat screen TVs with many channels to chose from. The bed itself was quite comfortable and newer. The bathroom had been updated somewhat and had plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries. All in all this is a nice, clean and friendly hotel in an excellent location in Georgetown. The nightly fee was not cheap by any means but I had an ample amount of space and could easily have fit a family in the unit which would make it more affordable. If you go in not expecting the Ritz, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brown_Eyes1977
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in a spacious one bedroom suite at Georgetown Suites. Thanks for mentioning Miguel. He takes great care of our guests! We hope to have you stay with us again next time you are in DC!