I treated myself to the Monaco during a conference trip to Washington and it made my whole trip! It was perfectly located beside the Smithsonian Art Institute and from an architectural stand point it is a knock out. The scale of the hallways, rooms, ceilings is monumental. The way it has been decorated turns it from a neo-classical period piece to a hip spot. My room was incredibly quiet, and I loved the courtyard view. The coffee and tea in the morning, the afternoon cookies and the wine in the evening were all lovely touches. I took advantage of the "lender" bicycle to tour around and it was a super time. I can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc