Good. It's a fun hotel, and the staff is quite excellent and caring. The hotel restaurant is most excellent. Good location.
Bad: The rooms are tiny and ill fitting. I had a room looking out on the inner courtyard, and apparently they've farmed out the restaurant management. That management loves to blast loud music over the inner courtyard to try to attract customers to sit out there and eat and drink until 11:30 at night. The hotel didn't seem to be aware that this loud music might disturb the guests. Both nights I was there I had to call the desk to ask them to get the restaurant to turn down the noise. Not pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc