My wife and I stayed at the Monaco for 2 nights over the 4th of July holiday. We traveled to the hotel via the DC Metro, which has a very convenient stop on the opposite corner of the street. We arrived around 11:30 am, and had requested an early check-in when we reserved the room, and our room was ready for us when we got there! Our room was a queen bed on the 2nd floor (lobby level), which was very well decorated & clean. The room was a little tight, but not a big concern for us since we weren't spending much time there. Our room had large windows that overlooked the courtyard bar/lounge, but we were very impressed that we did not hear any noise at night from people sitting outside. We loved the wine hour, which we made sure to attend both nights. The location can't be beat, just steps away to many restaurants, bars, shopping and museums. This was our 2nd time staying at the Monaco, and would definitely make it our first choice next time in DC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc