Hotel Monaco ---Washington, DC
First of all, let me begin by stating that I am a dog. I am lucky enough to be able to travel with my wonderful owner. She does not like to go anywhere that I can’t go, and so I have her wrapped around my paw. Last year for her birthday I wanted to do something special for her so I took her to a more than dog friendly hotel in Washington, DC. That was the beginning of our addiction to the Kimpton Hotels. There are several around the country, with many to choose from in the DC/VA area.
Our most recent trip was to the Hotel Monaco in DC. It is located in a wonderful area known as Penn Quarter which is so convenient to the “Mall” and all the museums in the area. The Portrait Gallery is directly across the street with other museums all within easy walking distance. I love to walk, so my owner even walked me to the White House to meet Bow, but security made it impossible. I was going to bite them, but decided it was probably not a good idea.
The room I stayed in was amazing! I don’t think I have ever stayed in such a large room with plenty of space to stretch my legs. Because I am so well behaved, I even can be left in the room by myself. Also, since I have stayed here before, upon check in everyone knew my name, and both my owner and myself were treated like royalty, which of course we are when staying at the Monaco.
Every night at 5PM there is a wine hour where both guests and their pets are welcome. It is a wonderful place for me to get lots of attention, and everyone always asks what kind of dog I am. My owner tells them I am an “attention hound,”and I must admit there is a lot of truth to that. On one occasion I got very thirsty, and a special bowl of water, on a platter, was brought to me by the staff. I could not ask for better treatment.
The hotel has a wonderful restaurant and bar, and there is an outside area where I can join my owner. On this trip, my owner did not bring my special food, and if you can believe it, the general manager of the hotel actually picked some up for me.
There is one sad part of this story. I am a very sick dog with terminal cancer. One reason we made this trip was so I could say hello ( and hopefully, not good bye) to all the wonderful staff at the hotel. Because they knew of my illness in advance, the hotel even put together a scrapbook for me with their pictures and good wishes for my recovery.
Oh dear,I realize that I forgot to tell you my name! It is Madison, and I am a mix of Border Collie and Springer Spaniel. I am one of the world’s smartest and friendliest dogs. There are many pictures of me in the scrapbook they keep of all their dog guests. If you are lucky enough to have your owner take you to this hotel, please be sure to look for me, and also be sure to tell them that Madison sent you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc