“Delightful Getaway”
Review of Swann House

Swann House
Ranked #6 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2008

The Swann House is a nice treat. GREAT service; charming, comfortable decor; excellent breakfast; and quaint neighborhood with easy access to public transit. My husband and I loved the Shanghai'daway because it was tucked away from it all (but if you can't live without a window, you might want to choose one of their other lovely rooms). If you like B&Bs you are very likely to love the Swann House.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 March 2008

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Swann House in Washington, D.C. It was pure perfection!!!! The innkeepers were extremely accomodating, with exceptional, friend ly service. They always seemed genuinely interested in helping with recommendations, directions or whatever was needed. The appointments in the house were lovely. The location was great. It was 4 blocks from the metro in a safe, lovely neighborhood. Having a parking space added to the convenience. We never had to drive anywhere. We can't wait to return.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 23 February 2008

The Swann House is one of our all-time favorite B&Bs in the country (we always seek them out when traveling), and not just because we got married there. When my wife and I wanted to plan a very small wedding in DC, we both immediately thought of the Swann House. We wanted a very special, memorable place for our guests to call home for the weekend. This absolutely gorgeous, lovingly restored, 19th century mansion turned out to be the perfect choice. The layout was perfect: we had the ceremony in the spacious living room and a sit-down dinner across the hall in the elegant dining room.

Best of all, we and our guests stayed right on the premises in comfortable, creative rooms ranging from the delightfully cozy all the way to the impressively grand suite with a bathroom in the turret showcasing an old-fashioned, claw-footed tub (we took the suite, of course, for ourselves!). Throughout the weekend, everyone found favorite little spots for just hanging out – from various balconies and sitting rooms to the backyard pool/courtyard.

The friendly and flexible staff was incredibly helpful with wedding planning and local restaurants and proved to be perfect hosts throughout the whole weekend. Our out-of-town guests liked feeling part of one of DC's signature neighborhoods – Dupont Circle (and nearby Kalorama), which is full of historic homes, many restaurants and shops, and a lively nightlife – while staying in a quiet residential area.

For many of the same reasons, Swann House is a perfect place to stay in DC. Plus, it has competitive prices and all the modern amenities, but with real flair and inviting charm.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 February 2008

Bravo to the staff at the Swann House. This will be my new home-away-from-home when I'm in DC on business. The cookies were great. The green tea delicious. The help in finding good dining and my way around town was spot-on. The mid-week continental breakfast was WONDERFUL. Travelers should consider this place first before any hotel in the city. Only a few blocks from the DuPont Circle metro.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 2 February 2008

I know my review is late because I was at the swann house on October 2006, but I want to tell how wonderful was my experience there. I went to this B&B with my boyfriend for 5 nights, we were downstairs, with a privat entrance, and I have to say that was extremly quiet, also because the neighbourhood is very quiet. Close to the B&B there are several reastaurants, and the metro station is about 5-10 min from the Swann House
The B&B is very well manteined, and the staff was friendly and helpful!So thank you guys!!!To make an example my boyfriend wanted to go to an original American Army store (we are Italians, but he is fascinated by American Army) and the staff gave us the address in New York (our next stop in the trip) where to find it!The B&B is as a freind home where to spend some days!Our room was wonderful, it had a savana theme, with a separated living-room, a master bed-room, a second bed-room and the bath-room between the two bed-rooms. There was also a fireplace, but I don't know if it's working, but it also gives an atmosphere to the room.
In the afternoon it was also served wine, cheese, or bisquits.
I'm sorry that may scholastic English don't let me to express how wonderful was my permanence at the Swann House, how friendly and perfect was the staff, but I truly recomand this B&B to everybody woluld like to stay in a big city feeling as staying at their own home!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2007

The Swann House sits in a suburban neighborhood great for walking or catching your breath from seeing the sights. It's a few blocks away from Dupont Circle, its Metro exits, and the Golden Triangle of restaurants and shops. It's also a short ride away from Georgetown.

It offers a small, secluded pool that's perfect for the city's hot summer air, and the complimentary bottled water in the minifridge is a must before hitting the sights. They also make a nice batch of peach iced tea and lemonade.

Swann House takes care of you during your stay, and the staff appears to be paid by the smile.

This is where you want to stay.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory D
Reviewed 4 May 2007

My husband brought me all the way from England to celebrate my 60th Birthday at Swann House. From the moment we arrived, it was a wonderful experience. Food/Service/Ambience were all first rate. On the actual day of my birthday, my husband went to the dining room to ask staff to deliver with my breakfast the birthday cards etc which he'd brought from London - not only was this done, but by the time I arrived to eat breakfast, someone had been into the garden and picked flowers and tied them with ribbon into a beautiful posy for me. Everyone at Swann House goes that extra mile to ensure guests have a simply perfect stay. I'd like to thank them all and hope to return for yet another birthday very soon. Our reason for selecting this particular place to stay is probably evident from our name.
Mac & Micki Swann....London...England