“Wonderful small hotel in DC”
Review of Swann House

Swann House
Ranked #6 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Highly recommended. An extraordinarily gracious and welcoming staff. The location was excellent and we enjoyed a wealth of restaurants in the area. It was an easy walk to the Metro and to other sites in the Dupont Circle area. We will recommend this to all of our friends!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I spent a few nights at Swann House when the AC in my condo was on the fritz last week, and it was wonderful. The house is gorgeous and the owner and her staff are so warm and welcoming. The rooms are lovely... they are so beautifully decorated and everything is spotless. The location is perfect, very close to the Dupont Circle Metro, but still very quiet. Did I mention the fabulous breakfasts and afternoon snacks? The best part is the secret garden in the back yard with a pool...a perfect place to cool off during the hottest week of the summer. I could have stayed for a month! Don't go anywhere else!

Marianne Tamulevich, Ph.D.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 5-night stay at the Swann House! The B&B has everything we hoped for & more: nice, clean rooms; friendly & helpful staff; good & varied food; interesting & friendly other guests; a perfect location for our travels in & around DC (about 5 blocks from the Dupont Circle Metro station, on a quiet street). Being from the Pacific Northwest, the Summer weather in Washington was brutal - luckily, the Swann House has an answer for that, too: a small, but refreshing swimming pool, very hard to find at a B&B.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Have just had 3 nights at Swann House and had a super time. The room (Jennifer Green) was spacious and extremely comfortable with a lovely deck...sadly the present heat wave meant it was impossible to use. However the pool was very welcome and little touches like the pool towels really appreciated. Mary is a great character and it really is like staying with friends. Nothing is too much trouble but the whole team do a great job. Isobel also deserves a mention for delicious breakfasts. The position of Swann House is also great...very peaceful but easy walking to nice bars and restaurants. Having travelled across the States for 7 weeks we have sampled a lot of inns and hotels...stay here you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
swannhouse, Owner at Swann House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

We absolutely loved having you visit us at Swann House. You kept us all entertained and you two delighted everyone at breakfast with tales of your wonderful travels and, of course, that British humour that we Americans adore. We were quite sad to see you go and hope you have recovered from your holiday. We would love to see you all again!

Best regards,
Mary and the Swann House staff

Reviewed 18 July 2013

For the past several years, whenever I go to DC for work I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Swann House. The staff are always friendly and helpful. They always make me feel at home. Breakfast is always good. I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences there. It's a welcoming and relaxing place to stay. And in a great location!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the swann for years and am always extremely pleased. My business travel on this particular occassion was unforeseen as was the duration of my stay. Mary and her team made me feel right at home, accommodating me with no notice and ensuring that every detail was attended to. The pool was an exceptional treat to have right in the middle of the city. And the location perfect for the 4th, right down to isabels holiday decor. Ashlie, Anna and the whole team took care of my every need. Even helping out with my laundry as I was traveling with too few clothes given my unplanned trip. An elegant option with friendly and unassuming service. Best place in dc!!

• Stayed: July 2013

We loved having you and your son with us and hope you will visit us again. All the best to your lovely family.

Mary and the Swann House Staff

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Spent three very enjoyable nights here in the Lighthouse Room. Very peaceful location away from the crowds but walking distance to metro as bars etc.

Small swimming ball out back was a welcome relief from the heat and great way to chill out in afternoon along with home made lemonade.

If you want somewhere to feel instantly at home and relax this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2013