“Amazing Luxury, Friendly Accomadating Staff”
Review of Swann House

Swann House
Ranked #5 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Hanover, Maryland
“Amazing Luxury, Friendly Accomadating Staff”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Luxury Amenities, Outstanding Customer Service, Great Location, Beautiful Rooms!

I Stayed on a Saturday night, 03/02/14. All the staff I had the pleasure of meeting were very friendly and accommodating. The owner and GM, Mary and Isabel are very attentive and spoil there guests with outstanding Customer service! I was Very Impressed with Swann house and I recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic getaway!
The room I stayed in was (Il Dumo) it was Beautiful from every angel! The deep sunkin claw foot tub was my favorite part of the room.
Service: Outstanding
Value: Five Stars in My Book
Sleep Quality: Comfy King bed with lots of extra pillows in room ( without having to ask!)
Cleanliness : Spotless room
Location: Very close to restaurants and DC Attractions
Rooms : The Room Screams Romance and luxury
Fitness Center : None
Room Service: Excellent service all around

Room Tip: Il Dumo Is My Favorite Room, The Richardson is also a great room!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Juliet_revied

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The Swann House simply put - is magnificent. It has so much character and warmth. I so appreciated all of Swann’s outstanding attributes. The staff was great, especially Isabelle, she was beyond wonderful, from her radiance and charm to her breakfast, all was perfect. I’ve stayed at many B&B’s around the world, I would rate this as my favorite!

Room Tip: Swann has so many different rooms, they're all good and all have really nice bathrooms too!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank OspreyElephant
Randers, Denmark
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed at the Lighthouse room for two nights. It was OK - but VERY small. The room looks bigger on the pictures on hotel website. Windows needed polishing.
Breakfast was OK - but sweet as American breakfast always is.
The staff was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ABJ25
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

If they were to update this place (and dust it)it would never change the fact that it is next to a horrible dog park and they are barking day and night ....

We got no rest then /Breakfast was not well put together .

dogs , dogs , dogs, were barking on a Sunday morning at 5 am when we were there. Never again.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank jendell10
Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was our first experience with a Select Registry property, and it was by far our best experience thus far.
Most properties can be described as beautiful and well decorated--most of them :)-- but the hospitality here was above and beyond--so friendly and genuinely caring about the satisfaction of our stay. I've experienced from owners of other places their being rather beleaguered, feeling like "Here we go again" each day. Not here. Here I felt a real, genuine, and warm hospitality. Thank you :) We'll definitely look first for one in the Select Registry when traveling.

The property is close-ish to Dupont Circle in a nice residential neighborhood.
They have four on-site parking spaces but you have to reserve, and pay, for one.

Room Tip: We were in the Shanghai'd Away room which was nicely decorated with Oriental style. We chose t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cliff F
san diego
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My mother, my sister and myself stayed at the Swann house for 4 days on a trip celebrating my birthday. We were lucky enough to get the Blue Skye suite, a beautiful room on the third floor. Mary and Isabelle were attentive, making great restaurant and museum recommendations and even going out of their way to take my request for breakfast on my birthday and sing me happy birthday! As a first stay at a B&B, we were spoiled and made to feel at home and like part of the Swann House family. The only reason this lovely inn did not get 5 starts is the day bed was slightly tilted down, but other than that, I would recommend this place to anyone. Make sure to look for your room's guest journal... we found ours in the closet.

Room Tip: READ THE ROOM DESCRIPTIONS! The suites are very well appointed, but some of the non-suites are on th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank milady112
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I just had our 8th visit to Swann House. We love it so much; has everything you could want in a B&B. So convenient, so safe, and so much to do in DC, knowing you can return to Swann House each evening. When we first arrived I was a little concerned by the person on duty at the time, but then the amazing Ashlie arrived and everything was right with our world. Both days she promptly began the breakfast in the morning with a cheery attitude and an adorable outfit that looked like a sweet mom from the '50s, even though she's way too young (which is why it worked so well for her!). Hope you take that as a compliment, Ashlie! The food was fresh and delicious and served with a friendly smile. We couldn't ask for more and are already looking forward to returning! Thanks, Swann House!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple