“Absolutely would come back to this lovely B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Swann House

Swann House
Ranked #5 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Spokane, Washington
“Absolutely would come back to this lovely B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed 3 days in this lovely B&B and enjoyed my entire time. Very classy. Very clean. Breakfast was perfect! The atmosphere is warm and inviting. Unfortunately the season for the pool is not in April so I didn't get to enjoy that perk, but I did take a glass of Sherry that they offer after 3pm and sat on their little patio in the sun. Check in is at 4pm, but they allowed me to come early to drop off my luggage and it happened that my room was ready for me. The staff is very helpful, friendly, and always attentive. Beautiful neighborhood and felt very comfortable walking to Dupont Circle to catch the Metro.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Milano room. The room is spacious and very comfy, but the tub was WONDERFUL!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay here. Isabel goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The breakfast is delicious and all day there are wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. The staff were very helpful with metro information and anything needed. Very charming place and great location. We got married while in DC and our photographer Meredith Hanafi was welcome to take pictures. Will go back definitely!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

One of most elegant grande homes in DC. We will be back for a longer stay next year. Isabel was the most gracious hostes and her staff was wonderful, friendly, kind and helpful. I hope they never change!! Wonderful ladies and gentlemen! The breakfast was 5 star!! The home and staff 5 star!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Reflectio
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a marvelous experience we had staying at the Swann House in DC, comfortably set in a handsome neighborhood in a turn of the century house that sees to your every need. We had two rooms and they were both delightful and special. The breakfast was delicious. Most of all the owner and staff were helpful, friendly and went out of their way to enhance our Washington visit. You can't go wrong staying here in a beautiful, quiet setting across from a sweet little doggie park.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
beijing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Fabulous choice in the Dupont area - spotlessly clean, lots of victorian charm without being fussy, tall ceilings and big windows, a round tower on the corner, big featherbeds that you sink right into, an outstanding breakfast - really it's worth staying here for the breakfast alone. Definitely go for whatever special breakfast entree they're offering that day. They also provide printed newspapers with breakfast - I think both the NYTimes and Washington Post - which is a really nice touch. The afternoon cookies and evening tea are also quite a treat, with the tea and coffee being available as late in the evening as supplies last. The tea choices are gourmet, and there's a mini-fridge provided for guest use as well. The back sunken garden and pool must be lovely in the summertime (it was too cold to sit out in March). The staff are also great - very friendly and attentive, and go out of their way to be helpful if you need anything.

Overall I highly recommend the place, but I'm taking off a star for a few things - one, the wifi in my room was quite intermittent, didn't get a signal more often than I did (and I stayed multiple nights). I had to go sit in the hall or in the downstairs lounge areas if I wanted a reliable signal. While it was nice to have a reminder to go use the beautiful downstairs spaces, I'd still prefer the option of wifi in my room. Second point: my room was quite cold. Granted, I didn't ask if the heat could be turned up or if a space heater was available, so maybe this was a solvable problem. Still, it would have been nice not to have to ask. Third: maybe I've just been traveling in Asia too much, but I would really like to have hot water on demand at least in the tea/coffee area if not in my room. There were two hot water carafes available, but when those ran out, they were out (not to mention that they didn't stay piping hot all night). An electric teakettle is a small expense but a huge improvement in guest service, for those of us who appreciate a ready supply of hot water.

Nonetheless, these are relatively minor quibbles, and overall I'd recommend the place if you want a nice relaxing B&B experience

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cal o
Winterville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have been to DC several times and love the Dupont Circle location. We have found the place that we will continue to come back to. Many excellent restaurants within walking distances. Even enjoyed the dog park across the street, made us miss ours even more!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Helene-Mike
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Was inconvenienced by another hotel and sent to a bad hotel and then ended up at the Swann House. What a relief!!! This place is gorgeous! Pricey but worth splurging for an enjoyable getaway. Thank your for getting us in last minute and giving me a beautiful place to stay for my birthday night!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple