“Good Dogs”
Review of Eat DC-3 - CLOSED

Eat DC-3
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Their hot dog variety is great. I especially enjoyed the bulgogi and kimchi dog. Its a large portion of food and my husband and I were filled for under $20

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I went looking for this place, which was NOT easy to find, but I persevered and was glad I did. They had an eclectic offering of hot dogs, so I ordered, ate, and enjoyed it. I was able to wash it down with a beer at Ted's Bulletin just down the street.

1  Thank TNmilt
Reviewed 9 August 2012

So - the actual hot dogs are A++. The fried pickles are awesome and the fries are great, too. The "beef" I have is the price. You're paying $10 for a dog, fries, and drink (non-alcoholic to boot). For that price, I expect it to come with a baseball game. For the price you're paying, you'd expect a little more - maybe even if they made the dogs all footlongs. If they lowered the price a bit, I'd be a regular. As a DC local, even I am a bit blown-off by the price.

1  Thank GD77
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Fried pickles, fried Oreos, french fries, corn dogs, a hot dog wrapped in bacon and served with jalapeno relish, PBR in a can...need I say more? We came with our two sons, 6 and 7, and enjoyed a tasty, authentic meal in the middle of Barracks Row. The food isn't cheap but you don't care after you take the first bite. The menu has a variety of different hot dog combinations from all over the country. There is something for everyone- that likes hot dogs!

1  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Okay, a hot dog wrapped in bacon, plopped in the deep fryer, covered with sauerkraut and cheese whiz, and served with a heap of chili fries will probably make your cardiologist roll her eyes and order more stents. But hey, life is short.

This is a small, hole-in-the-wall place on north Barracks Row near Eastern Market and Pennsylvania Ave. The theme is a kitschy post-WWII concept: with the arrival of the Douglas DC-3 airplane, people traveled all over the country, and learned how others serve their hot dogs. There's a big map on the wall showing where all of the custom-designed servings supposedly come from: New York (Street Vendor beef dog with kraut and yellow mustard), Cincinnati (Coney style with chili, cheese, onions, and yellow mustard)... you get the idea. They have a few non-dogs served as dogs, such as "Seattle Pike Place Ultimate Fish Dog" (deep fried fish with slaw and vinegar) and "California Left Winger" (falafel with tzatziki, onion and tomato). You can make your own as well, with all of their options posted on a board at the back. Fries with or without chili are available, as are bottles of designer pop and cups for fountain drinks.

The only two areas that could use some tweaking are (a) the fries are a bit limp for my taste, and (b) the serving line is sometimes confusing, with people who are ordering get mixed in with those who are waiting and others who are paying.

While you shouldn't go there every day unless you like munching down Lipitor like SweetTarts, it's definitely a fun guilty pleasure now and then if you're on Barracks Row or at Eastern Market.

1  Thank BeakerSan