The Ritz was ok. The rooms were ok... The food was ok..location was good. Not really what you want to think after staying at a "higher end hotel"
The beds were somewhat uncomfortable and were not really great for sleeping. While the decor of the hotel was reminiscent of another era( long brick tunnel to get to the elevators) It felt like most of the furniture came from IKEA.
The food was somewhat boring and not anything worth paying as much as we did for. Breakfast was alright the restaurant was on the top floor of the hotel.
Warning the steps leading up to the restaurant were wide marble and slippery. They were also very dimly lit so it was actually very difficult to see going down and seemed very dangerous. I'm assuming there was an elevator somewhere but was not easily found. Def not good to use the stairs if you have smaller children or if you are concerned about potentially tripping.
Overall ..somewhat ok.... The only redeeming quality was the location ( we got to go check out the waterfront area and some local bars..all easily within walking distance ) but I'm not sure how much of that to credit to the hotel and how much to credit simply to lucky that any hotel was built in the heart of Georgetown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along quiet South Street resides one of the most recognizable luxury hotels in Georgetown, The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. Housed in a converted industrial building rooted in history, one of the few boutique hotels in the world to feature a soaring brick smokestack may be truly unique, but it is the experience that awaits within that makes it even more captivating. Explore the nation’s capital from its true heart and soul — Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Georgetown
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz-Carlton