As long as you don't plan to drive to it, the location in the middle of Georgetown--1 block from shops and restaurants, 1 block from the river, and almost on the C&O canal--is ideal. The welcome from staff is almost overwhelming, but they clearly focus on this. The premium rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. While ours had a Bose home theater set and a standard honor bar, there was no coffee maker, and wifi was available only with an annoying fee.
The building was originally an incinerator, and a couple of elements survive, such as the control room for a crane. Degrees is the name for the restaurant, where breakfast was well-made (even the hollandaise) and prompt, but pricey.
If attentiveness makes you feel very pampered, then this is probably your luxury spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along quiet South Street resides one of the most recognizable luxury hotels in Georgetown, The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. Housed in a converted industrial building rooted in history, one of the few boutique hotels in the world to feature a soaring brick smokestack may be truly unique, but it is the experience that awaits within that makes it even more captivating. Explore the nation’s capital from its true heart and soul — Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Georgetown
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz-Carlton