“Best staff I've ever encountered”

The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best staff I've ever encountered”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Upon checking into the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown last week, I was distressed as I realized I had left my laptop in my clients boardroom over 2 1/2 hours away. The concierge, Joey Metts, noticed my distress and immediately brought me a glass of champagne and determined a game plan. He and Raul Febela organized a car service to retrieve my laptop the next morning and couldn't have been more professional or displayed a higher level of customer service. I generally stay at the Four Seasons as I think they have the best customer service in the world. However, I have to say the customer service at this Ritz far surpassed any customer service I've ever received. Every staff I encountered during this trip was simply phenomenal. The hotel had the feel of boutique, luxury hotel...very personal and warm. My room was just lovely and I really enjoyed relaxing in the beautiful lobby in front of a roaring fireplace. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MPSerenbe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a top notch business venue with central location, discreet but excellent service - and on a business trip nothing more I could have asked for. The amenities are all you ever need on a work trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Adam F
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I returned from a recent stay at this local Ritz to celebrate our anniversary...we had read the reviews/criticisms from other reviewers and decided to stay here over the Four Seasons based on our most recent other Ritz experiences (Jamaica, San Francisco). The staff was fantastic, very attentive...the hotel itself was ok. Very urban with some nice amenities in the lobby/restaurant. Our room was disappointing. We were placed on the 5th floor and overlooked 31st street...my first impression was that our room, despite being on the nonsmoking floor, smelled like smoke (yuck). Our porter indicated that it did not smell like smoke and was an after effect of the room air purification/ionizing...the wall paper was peeling in several areas and the furniture looked dated/worn. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement.

Room service was prompt and all the employees we interacted with were wonderful. We were treated to complimentary champagne (thank you) and a lovely plate of chocolate covered strawberries.

This is clearly an outlier RC experience, but I would encourage others interested in an upscale hotel to search elsewhere. Next time we will try a different hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

From the moment we checked in, to spend our wedding week in DC, we felt as if we arrived at home. The staff was kind and generous of spirit. They were as excited as we were for our impending nuptials. We had a spacious suite that accommodated both us and our two cocker spaniels in true comfort. The staff, especially Moe and Raoul, were beyond helpful. They were full of knowledge when ask for tips and even surprised us several times with some amazing perks.

This hotel has only 84 rooms and is run as a boutique hotel. The architecture is very interesting as it used to be an industrial complex overlooking the Potomac river. It is convenient to access all things Georgetown and is just a five minute bike ride to the White House and all the Mall has to offer.

We have been fortunate to travel the world and our experience at this particular hotel rates as the best ever from the viewpoint of how the staff handled their guests and our pets. In fact, that is why this is my first ever review of a hotel. That is how impressed we were by the treatment from the staff and our overall experience.

We highly recommend this hotel for a short stay or a long visit. If you are planning a wedding in DC this is your place to stay. They helped provide a stunning locale for our ceremony and it will always be remembered by Alex and I and our friends as the special day it was but even more so because of the thoughtfulness and kindness of Moe, the best concierge in the business!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed 25 September 2013

It is a wonderful location for visiting Washington but it lacks consistent service. Room service was mixed in that when they were busy - everything was there, the next day not so busy and even though we ordered the same thing the meal was missing about 25% of the items ordered. The room sound proofing was poor in that the sound of the tv next door resonated into our room even though it was not on terribly loud (we knew our neighbor and when in their room). The room had been repainted recently and there were drip marks and splatter everywhere. The spa is not a resort quality - more a public gym. Positives were: the staff always accommodating, the location great and famous people live there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our first time at a Ritz hotel and we're sold. It is on par with the best that Four Seasons has to offer, and the great staff made us genuinely feel welcome at each step of our stay. You really do feel like they care about you and want you to have a good experience at their hotel. That is the type of touch that is absolutely special and we are very impressed.

The doorman and the bell hops greet you warmly each time and even ask you if you need water after you come back to the hotel from a day's outing. The server at the restaurant even helped carry some food back to the room for my wife even though it is not part of their normal duties. We also had a great experience hanging out at the hotel lounge where we received great food and impeccable service.

Speaking of food, it is our opinion that this place has one of the best foods in Georgetown or DC. We enjoyed every meal here and compared to some of the questionable food quality that we had experienced in the area, we absolutely recommend eating here.

The room itself was faultless. Overall, we would definitely return here again, and more importantly, we'll definitely try other Ritz properties in our future travels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 5 pleasurable nights, the hotel has a unique design witch make the experience more interesting. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was great. The only thing i did not like was " bets alawed" policy, this level of hotel should not exepte bets, dogs in particular.

• Stayed September 2013