I stayed here for a night on a recent trip as I like to be in and around the Georgetown area when I visit Washington. This is because Georgetown is very safe compared to the rest of Washington and there's a lot to do, see and buy. It's really almost a separate community from the rest of the nation's capital.
This is a relatively new Ritz Carlton. The hotel is on the site of a former industrial building, which gives it a very unique look and feel. It really wasn't my style though. It felt more boutique-like verses luxury, upscale hotel.
When I checked in, my room wasn't ready despite it being 3 o'clock in the afternoon. After about 15 minutes, I was upgraded to a suite that included a full dining room for six people and even a study. Needless to say, the room was exceptional, though I thought it was a bit odd to only have one bedroom with a six-person dining room.
I encountered no issues with my stay. The hotel is a block or two off the main street in Georgetown, which makes it a little bit more quiet. It's the kind of place where you could easily escape for a weekend.
The staff was very friendly, but I found them to be slightly unprofessional. I don't feel it is appropriate for hotel staff to address you by your first name nor should they be inquiring about your intentions on your visit. This should be a purely business and transactional relationship. I really don't want to explain myself to a front desk clerk. One staff-related issue that did arise: There wasn't a bellman on duty when I checked in, which I found unusual considering the luxury nature of the Ritz Carlton brand.
Overall, this was a very nice hotel. It didn't exceed my expectations but it didn't disappoint either. I would consider staying here again, though I would probably try out other luxury hotels in Washington first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along quiet South Street resides one of the most recognizable luxury hotels in Georgetown, The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. Housed in a converted industrial building rooted in history, one of the few boutique hotels in the world to feature a soaring brick smokestack may be truly unique, but it is the experience that awaits within that makes it even more captivating. Explore the nation’s capital from its true heart and soul — Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Marriott, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Georgetown
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz-Carlton