“nice neighborhood Ritz” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.

The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Richmond, Virginia
“nice neighborhood Ritz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

If being in the Georgetown area of D.C. is convenient for you, I highly recommend the Ritz.The location is perfect for a jog or stroll by the waterfront.In the spring, you can see all the crew teams rowing by as you walk along the river.My husband and I were nicely upgraded to a big suite.Room service, and all service were Ritz top notch.We had a late afternoon snack in the lobby, and I can highly recommend sharing the pigs in a blanket appetizer.We also had lunch in their small restaurant....nice salad and lamb burgerThe hotel is tucked away on a side street, and is in walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants,as well as the University.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear RicLady,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown. We are pleased to have had you as our guest and I am delighted to know we were able to leaving a lasting impression on you and that you were truly able to enjoy the Historic Georgetown neighborhood. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Respectfully,

Jeff Brower, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friends meet frequently for drinks in the lobby. The wine is overpriced; we swear we won't come back.

However, we are suckers for the staff. They are good at their jobs. Just last week we met Sean Flynn, one of the new staff. So we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear DCMominChief,

Thank you for your feedback related to our wine pricing; excellent service and warm welcoming staff are just some of the qualities we strive to provide to our guests at The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown; I'm delighted you agree and that Sean Flynn was able to provide this level of service for you! Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back. Respectfully,

Jeff Brower, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just spent 4 nights at this location with wife and 2 kids (7 years old and 1 year old)

Location - perfect Georgetown location, great restaurants & shopping all within walking distance. We were in town to see all the tourists sights - the National mall and all the monuments are about a $20.00 uber ride away. Uber app worked really well as there was always a car within 10 minutes of the hotel. The car would often make it to the front of the hotel faster than we could get to the lobby from our room

Service - service was fantastic - everybody was extremely friendly. They were very welcoming to the kids (stuffed animals & coloring books on arrival, etc).

Food - all of the food we had at the hotel was good but the menu seemed limited for a Ritz Carlton

Room - we were in a 1 bedroom suite on the lower level. The room was very large with 1.5 baths - that was great for our family. We had plenty of room to relax and the kids could play. At night we could put the baby to bed but still watch tv/talk in the other room without disturbing the baby. That said the room was a bit worn for $700+ per night. Colors seemed outdated, furniture a bit scuffed up, carpet looked a little dingy.

I don't think this is anything the hotel doesn't know - in one of the hotel brochures on the desk was a note that all rooms were being updated in 2014.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to love this place. Great location in Georgetown within walking distance to all the best streets in the area. Fifteen minute walk to the Georgetown campus.

Very cool common areas, sleek open layout and very inviting. In an old building that's been renovated. Lobby area is very cool with ample seating. Service is very good to outstanding in all areas of the hotel.

The rooms are not very good and this is where the hotel does not measure up. Very uneven shower floor, the mattress on my side of the bed was very poor...so poor that it was so uneven I thought I was going to roll off the side.

Had a suite that was fairly worn. Our first suite clearly smelled of cigarette smoke and as we entered the door it was not locked. We simply pushed the door open. We moved from that suite to another smaller one and no one even offered to adjust the price. We did however receive a complimentary breakfast for the family.

Very mixed stay. Not up to Ritz standards set by others. And I think I'm qualified to make that call having visited probably fifteen locations.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jeff B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear BTrun78,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not completely meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at (202) 912-4122. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Jeff Brower, General Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Ritz is a great small hotel tucked on a side street just a few steps from busy M street in Georgetown. The architecture is really cool. Lobby and restaurant are located in what was an old trash incinerator and have exposed brick and great windows and ironwork. Rooms are located in newer buildings with only 7 or 8 on each floor. The service is fantastic, from the doormen to the housekeeping staff. After a somewhat delayed check-in, the manager bent over backwards and could not have been more helpful throughout the rest of our stay. One warning is that wifi service is spotty in some of the rooms, particularly on lower floors or ends of hallways. One bedroom suites are enormous with extra large living rooms.

Room Tip: One warning is that wifi service is spotty in some of the rooms, particularly on lower floors or en...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear DW 123418

I am delighted your stay at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. was an enjoyable one. Our entire team is dedicated to providing our guests with outstanding service and memorable experiences. When we are successful and our guests take notice, as you have, it inspires and encourages us. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you and look forward to welcoming you again soon. Respectfully, Jeff Brower, General Manager
Poultney, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The best part of the Ritz in Georgetown (and I love staying at Ritz-Carlton hotels in general), is the location and the doorman, George. The reception staff are also extremely friendly, and even gave me a free upgrade due to the recent storm and cancellations. Dreamy fireplace in the lobby and the "french-toast smores" complimentary treats are the best! Luckily, it was not crowded while I was visiting. However, the suite was one of the most disappointing rooms I have stayed in, and I have stayed in a few at the Four Seasons and Grand Marriotts. The decor and furniture was old and spartan, there was not a working clock in the bedroom or anywhere else in the suite, the internet was slow, and the desk lamp was impossible to turn on. Beautiful bathroom, though. But I have to rate poor value because I ordered a hot cup of milk before I went to bed and the bill was $24.00. Really?
Won't be back as a guest, but maybe I will stop in the lobby for a cup of tea and knit by the fire -- and say "hello" to George! He gets my vote for best hotel doorman!

Room Tip: Don't book a suite; not worth it. Book spa services in advance. The weight room was adequate.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary Jane M
Dear Mary Jane M,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not completely meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at (202) 912-4122. I look forward to hearing from you, Sincerely, Jeff Brower, General Manager
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Let me say I love the Ritz Carlton hotels. I have never had a bad experience and this hotel lived up to the high standards we have come to expect from them.
The Ritz Carlton Georgetown building itself is very interesting. It's an old City industrial incinerator facility turned hotel. It's really quite unique. The hotel a bit hard to find, even with a GPS. The staff were extremely polite, friendly and helpful. My car was valet parked, luggage brought to the front desk and check in was effortless. All very efficient. My room on the lower level and was fine.
My only complaint was 'Degrees Bistro'. It's a bit small but it was the menu that I wasn't thrilled about. Our server explained that the menu was designed to offer 'Tapas style' meals. That's fine of course, but I had invited guests for dinner. What we ordered was well prepared and delicious. Service was exemplary. I just wish there was a more traditional restaurant at the hotel. Otherwise, service, location etc was all first class. I would recommend it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
As the General Manager of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. I am extremely interested in the comments posted on-line regarding our hotel as we are constantly striving to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to provide constructive feedback related to our restaurant menu and would like to thank you for your feedback related to the many other positive experiences you had while you were staying with us. Respectfully, Jeff Brower.