Many acclaimed hotels offer excellent facilities, amenities, and service. However, not many offer excellent hospitality. The type of hospitality that the staff is truly genuine and passionate, which creates seamless friendships and lasting and unexpected memories for their guests. When I left the Ritz Carlton Georgetown I felt truly inspired by the hospitality and much more!
At the time of my reservation I had requested their 1 suite with 2 double beds and more importantly to request a newly renovated room. The renovation I learned had only began shortly before my stay. On the day prior to my I arrival I received a call and e-mail from Dan stating that they would not be able to accommodate the 2 double beds request but they would upgrade me to a larger newly renovated king suite.
On the day of arrival, I received an e-mail from Dan at 12pm stating that my room was ready for check-in. I later arrived at the hotel for the most fabulous check-in with Shervonne! She was energetic, fun, and genuine!
Our suite on the east wing was beautiful and quiet with windows on 3 sides overlooking their urban garden and cross streets. This boutique hotel is a converted incinerator, which makes for a unique layout and common areas, featuring a lot of red brick. The location is perfect, especially when traveling with a dog. They have a garden area where you can sit with your dog, and it's a 1-block walk to the river park. Degrees, their bar/restaurant was a nice place where the bartenders would chat with us and also serve great drinks, and even ramen burgers. Housekeeping was accommodating, and even left water for my dog at turn down. And also, have to say, room service was terrific.
When my dog's crate was left in our car, Shervonne had the crate retrieved and built for us when we returned! On the 1st night when we were enjoying a s'more and looking through books in the lobby, Shervonne unexpectedly brought us complimentary champagne drinks, which was perfect as we were about to take ourselves on a tour of the hotel. Shortly thereafter, Shervonne, again unexpectedly "wanted" to show us their private chimney stack meeting room. The following morning we grabbed coffees in the lobby and were on our way out to walk my dog along the river, when a gentleman offered us waters to take with us. The bag of waters even contained a disposable dish for my dog, much appreciated on a near 90 degree day. On our last night we were in a rush to get to Union Station for a bus tour, and the bellman offered us the use of their house Mercedes S-Class, complete with waters, magazines, and a driver who was extremely informative and hilarious!!
At check-out I went to grab a few fireballs (the candy, which keeps with the incinerator theme) from the front desk, and instead, they sent me home with a whole bag of them! As a hotel enthusiast, I felt truly inspired by both the hospitality and the setting of this Ritz Carlton, and will without a doubt return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along quiet South Street resides one of the most recognizable luxury hotels in Georgetown, The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. Housed in a converted industrial building rooted in history, one of the few boutique hotels in the world to feature a soaring brick smokestack may be truly unique, but it is the experience that awaits within that makes it even more captivating. Explore the nation’s capital from its true heart and soul — Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Georgetown
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz-Carlton