“Absolutely fantastic!”

The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Ranked #5 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at the Ritz Carleton in Georgetown on a recent family trip. This was easily one of the best hotel experiences we have had. The hotel is beautiful and perfectly located in the heart of Georgetown close to both the harbour front, shopping and dining. The room was specious and beautifully appointed. By far the most remarkable part of our stay was the staff. They were attentive, helpful, friendly and each and every one of them went out of their way to anticipate our needs. We have stayed at many Ritz Carleton hotels and this experience is at the top of our list. Fantastic!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JJWooge

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We came to the Ritz - Georgetown - for my sister's wedding, held here, and spent one night. The wedding was planned to be outside in the garden area, but this had to change due to rain; you would never have known it as everything looked amazing and went off without a hitch. The facility was wonderful and the ceremony and reception was great. The room we stayed in was very large and comfortable and everything was flawless.

My youngson was the only child at the wedding and the Ritz staff went so far above-and-beyond to accomdiate him that I was, and still am, in awe. When we arrived in our room, they had a really nice crib waiting for him with a blanket with a ton of colorful animals on it, a stuff animal and big rubber ducky waiting for him and gave him another stuffed animal during the course of our stay. During the reception, they brought him out a special kids meal (not requested beforehand) and also let him have a full adult meal, dessert, and other foods! He was treated fantastically and this helped me and my wife out so much.

All of the service we received could not have been beat. We had a wonderful experience, largely due to the amazing staff and the wonderful service we received. Fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My friend and I recently visited the hotel on Saturday morning to experience the Yoga Brunch which consists of an hour-long yoga class followed by a bottomless brunch (BM's or mimosas) with your choice of three small plate dishes.

New to yoga, I was a little afraid that the class would be over my head, but it was an incredibly enjoyable experience. The instructor checked on me without being too obvious and my more experienced companion reported that she got a great work out.

The brunch after was fantastic. We started out with bottomless mimosas for me and bloody mary's for my friend. Both were fantastic, but the bloody mary was a standout and one of the best I've had in the city! The food was great, when you go you MUST get the scallops, lemon ricotta pancakes and the breakfast flat-bread.

As usual, the Ritz service can't be topped. The staff members did a great job directing us to the yoga area and treating us at brunch. The server was attentive and refilled our glasses when they started to get low.

I'm so glad the team has decided to extend the Yoga Brunch through the fall and add Sunday's to the offering. For a local or out-of-town visitor this is a true treat and a great way to spend your weekend morning. We left full and satisfied..mind, body, spirit and stomach.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leah K
Reviewed 28 July 2014

As others have commented, it's in an interesting location with a bit of a different lobby atmosphere than most Ritz's I've stayed in. Yet, at the end of the trip, I was quite pleased to have stayed there! I often stay at the Mandarin in Washington, DC but this trip wound up in Georgetown.

Took a taxi from the airport and once dropped off I was promptly checked in to the hotel. My room was terrific. It was comfortable, fairly spacious with a huge bathroom and all the amenities. I did have a little problem not letting my door slam when I went in and out....hate to disturb anyone....but I had trouble getting it to latch! Everything else worked perfectly and the room was of the standards one would expect at the Ritz!

Had a working meeting one night with a buffet dinner served. The food was all at the proper temperature, served well, and, of course, delicious. Even for a buffet the food couldn't have been any better. I was very pleased with it all.

Check out was easy. I identified an error on my bill and the gentleman at the desk said he'd take care of it. Unfortunately, the error came through on my credit card, but after calling the hotel, I'm told it's now been fixed. A bit disappointed that would happen at the Ritz, but....we're all human.

I loved the stay and would be happy to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were a little hesitant when we first arrived at this property, but by the time we left we were big fans. The property does not give a great first impression in that it has an odd layout for a five star. To get to the rooms you have to go down one flight from the lobby, transfer elevators, and then go up. The lobby decor is not bad, it's just not elegant or refined - more business and bar like - the restaurant is the same way. The rooms, if not elegant, are comfortable, well appointed, and highly functional. I think we'd have been happier if we didn't sometimes hear the comings and goings in the hallway, but it was well within reason (yes, I'm fussy about noise). Here's the good news. For whatever challenges this property faces in reaching a five star status, it more than makes up for in service. This is a superbly trained staff that would do any property proud. Across the line - bellmen, front desk, maintenance, waiters, housekeeping - every single encounter we had with staff was impressive - professional, knowledgeable, appropriately friendly, and a real desire to make us happy.

By the way, the location is great. A short walk to the best of Georgetown. Summing up: a 4 star property with a "five plus" staff. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamR892
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Ritz in Georgetown and our experience was even better than the first. The hotel is quaint yet stylish and the location could not be better. Check-in was smooth without the hustle and bustle of many other 5 star hotels. The hotel itself was impecabble and I love the history behind it. We stayed in a luxury suite and it was wonderful. The room stayed cool and it was extremely quiet. We had a few drinks in the bar and they were the best drinks we had in the area. The location is perfect for walking around and shopping and it is only a short ride to many of the major attractions. We were sad to leave and are already planning our return visit! Once again, the Ritz Carlton exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: choose a room in the west wing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loop76
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Looking for a super quick getaway in the city? The Ritz is the place for you! We had less than 24 hours to getaway, so we chose the room package deal that included valet, movie tickets and four course dinner at Degrees (bonus was the four course dinner was an option, you could use the money credit for room service as well, so we also ordered breakfast before we headed out). We enjoyed the unexpected room upgrade, chocolate covered strawberries, and crackling fire on the big screen as we celebrated our anniversary. The personable and cheerful staff were also a delight. We had a lovely corner room with a view of the Potomac and the Rosslyn skyline. The room was perfectly tucked away from the city noise, but just close enough to do some quick afternoon shopping on M street. The experience was positively contagious and we hope to return in the future. The Ritz is a perfect place to getaway for a short and sweet celebration.

Room Tip: West wing looks out to the Potomac and Rosslyn.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple