“A Lighthearted Look at American History”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DC Walkabout

DC Walkabout
Ranked #68 of 139 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: We are proud to be Washington DC's only Audio/MP3 walking tour company. Just download and play!Our audio/mp3 tours are available anytime, day or night, 24hrs a day. We currently offer our much-publicized American Scandal, Haunted History and Lincoln Assassination tours, with Capitol Hill, the National Mall, and the Tidal Basin audio tours on the way!Narrated and filled with stories, interesting facts, music, and sound effects, our audio walking tours are a great way to learn about both DC and American History in a rich and engaging way. Check us out!
Ashburn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Lighthearted Look at American History”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I once took a walking tour in Bath, England that was a very blithe and humorous look at English History. I have always wondered why there was not such a tour in Washington DC. Well, the "American Scandals" Tour is the equivalent in our nations Capital – a very witty and fun tour that uses our Capital Hill's architectural monuments as props for a series of entertaining stories taken from American History. I took this tour on February 24th and thought that Sean was one of the very best tour guides that I have experienced. He has a dry wit and wonderful sense of how to illuminate the political scandal he was relating. I will definitely bring my friends from out of town on this tour when they visit.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Michael H

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“American Scandals Tour Review”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I had a great time at the American Scandals Tour today. I had gone with two of my friends and 8 other people in the group. Sean shared some amusing stories that I will remember for a long time. Although it was in the mid-20s today and it began to snow, the tour was interesting and Sean made the tour enjoyable. He was funny. I will be coming back for another tour in the Spring! I highly recommend the tour.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Paulina008
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience Multiple Times”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The DC Walkabout tour has been a standard addition to my host activities as someone who lives in DC. I recently brought guests on The Big 5 and the Arlington National tours- Both were a fantastic way to spend the afternoon. The guide has always been knowledgeable and friendly - and I especially love the laid-back feeling to the experience. An excellent, high-quality and low stress way to show folks historical highlights.

1 Thank CBaker9
Boston, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a fall afternoon”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I joined a good friend to hear stories of scandal from Lafayette Square down to Pennsylvania Avenue straight to the Capitol. I've lived in DC for four years and was surprised by the number of stories our guide, Sean, shared that were new to me. The pace was easy and Sean was sensitive to the comfort of the group. Tour was longer than expected, but I was never bored or distracted. Great afternoon. Recommended for adults, not families.

1 Thank Gery M
Frederick, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“DC Scandal Review”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We had a great DC scandal walking tour with Sean last weekend. It was about 2.5 hours of interesting and amusing info. Would highly recommend it!

1 Thank chocopoppas