“Class act”

Melrose Georgetown Hotel
Ranked #38 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was supposed to stay here two nights. Due to weather, the hotel was overbooked and they sent me to the Westin around the corner. After some negotiation between the hotels which further delayed checkin, I stayed at the Westin one night then moved back to the Melrose. While I was upset about this arrangement, the hotel made up by upgrading me to a huge suite. There we a cheese plate and hand-written note from the manager waiting for me when I got to my room. I greatly appreciated the personal touch.
This is one of the nicest and most comfortable hotel rooms I've stayed in in DC. I do not know about their standard rooms, but my colleagues tell me they are very nice. Generally I do not give 5-star reviews when there is a major problem such as getting bumped (and would give 4.5 stars for this if I could) but I think the hotel has tried really hard to make me happy, and appreciate this. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank david_andrews
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

David_andrews, we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with your travels. Melrose Georgetown Hotel strives to provide pristine service to make sure you have the most comfortable and enjoyable stay. We are glad that we could accommodate and very much appreciate your positive review. We hope to impress you again the next time you make your way out to D.C.

There are newer reviews for Melrose Georgetown Hotel

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was scheduled to stay at the Four Seasons for a work conference, however, due to an overflow of clients, I needed to find another hotel in Georgetown and ended up at the Melrose. Stanley at the front desk was wonderful! The room was an executive suite. It was spacious and charming. Very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I love coffee in my room and Stanley told me I could ask for a coffeemaker, which I did so was able to have coffee in my room. The only downfall was the wireless internet did not work very well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you, oceanliving11, for your review of the recently reinvented, art-deco inspired Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us for your visit to Washignton, D.C. and were able to enjoy our spacious guest bedrooms and services. We will look into seeing why our wireless internet was not up to speed. We hope to see you on your next visit to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was our second time at the Melrose and again loved it...Rooms are clean modern and spacious. Booked 48hr Big Bus tours,so hop on hop off great way to see DC.Staff at Melrose were friendly and helpful/Tonya at the front desk was great. My only complaint , there are no coffee machines in the rooms, you have to get dressed and go down stairs to the foyer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you, Lesley M, for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our recently reinvented hotel provides glamorously chic decor and spacious guest bedrooms. We are very happy to hear that you were able to easily explore the wonderful city of D.C. and we hope you will come back to enjoy our signature farm-to-fork restaurant Jardenea.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I chose the Melrose as a low cost alternative for wedding guests who didn't want to stay at the nearby Four Seasons. While the rooms were OK, the front desk was a disaster. I had made arrangements for a number of my guests to have their room charged to my credit card and discussed this numerous times with the manager. Yet, the Front Desk just didn't get it! On three occasions the guests showed up and were told they had to pay for their rooms at check-in! Subsequent calls to me produced laughable interactions with the desk who just didn't understand; I had to give my credit card info again and again (and their phone system made it almost impossible to hear them).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeDoc2012

JoeDoc2012, nobody should experience such disorganized service when they choose to have guests stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. {Especially during your wedding.} We will look into seeing where the breakdown in communications took place sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have stayed numerous times at the Melrose. Excellent service,atmosphere and location at a reasonable price! Recently the whole hotel has been modernized, yet their prices have remained the same. Centrally located on Pennsylvania avenue with metro down the block; walking distance to Georgetown and all the D.C. sites. Homey lounge and restaurant. Only place I would stay in D.C.!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dee918, Thank you for your enthusiastic review of the glamorously chic Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our recently reinvented hotel boasts art-deco inspired interiors, spacious guest bedrooms and of course, great service. We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience and hope you will visit us again and try our farm-to-fork restaurant Jardenea.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is very convenient to George Washington University, Georgetown, and Dupont Circle, they are all within a few minutes walk. The hotel is clean, well run, and up to date. I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always been pleased with my room and the hotels service.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the ice machines are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you DesiScituateMA, for your review of the recently reinvented Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We love our location in the heart of the colorful Georgetown neighborhood and are glad to hear you enjoyed it as well! We hope to see you once again on your next visit to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was a great hotel! It was very modern and the room was very clean and nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a small problem with our air conditioner the first night we were there, but they were quick to fix the problem. My only complaint would be the location. It's a small walk to the Metro, but there aren't a lot of restaurants/attractions nearby. Still a great hotel and we'd gladly stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MelroseGM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you, CaylaHenry, for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our recently reinvented interiors boast modern decor and spacious guest bedrooms to make your stay most delightful. Our hotel staff is pleased to help in any situation and are glad to hear you had a positive experience. We do hope to see you again so that your can try our signature farm-to-fork restaurant, Jardenea.

Melrose Georgetown Hotel