“Pretty good hotel and price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Melrose Georgetown Hotel
Ranked #36 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Oslo, Norway
“Pretty good hotel and price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Walking distance to M street and a good location. Friendly staff and rooms are pretty okay standard and size even though we had 1st floor. Valet is 48USD, however no problems finding street parking (meeter). Walking distance also to a great thai resturant nearby and a few conveinenance stores just outside the hotel. Good complementary tea in the lobby at mornings!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Travelling_Elk
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our premier location in the heart of Washington DC along with our recently reinvented accommodations. We hope you join us again the next time you are in the DC area.

Jale Hashimi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We just came back from a week-long trip that combined a conference and a summer vacation with the family. Using the Melrose's website, we got a great rate for the room which made it a very good value for Washington DC. Overall, a very nice hotel that will likely see our return.

The Melrose is a beautiful and relatively large boutique hotel. It is well located in between Foggy Bottom and Georgetown. The lobby is inviting, well furnished and with attentive staff (Stanley stood out for us). Our room well appointed room was an executive suite that featured Molton Brown toiletries, modern furniture, two televisions, a comfortable sofa bed, a functional den with a desk and plenty of space to stretch out. Housekeeping was competent and reliable.

Now for a critique of some of the shortcomings that, hopefully, will be addressed by management. As others have mentioned, the WiFi in the room is atrocious. The strongest signal is at the room door but it was only "one or two bars" in strength. The bathroom marble tiles appear to be holdover from the previous incarnation of the hotel and seem a little out of place. There is also an odd omission of a towel rack that probably results in excessively laundered towels. The microwave that we were provided was dirty. The lack of a coffee maker is an inconvenience, though tea and coffee is provided in the lobby in the mornings.

The shortcomings are easily outpaced by the quality, location and value of the property. It just seems that a higher score is quite possible with additional management attention.

Room Tip: The Melrose is centrally located and can't be held responsible for the street noise. Being near...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
2 Thank rogue_traveller
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our premier location the heart of Washington DC along with our recently reinvented accommodations. We apologize for the poor wireless connection, and we will look into this to improve for future visits. We look forward to you joining us again the next time you are the in the DC area.

Penfield, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location for getting to all of the universities in the area, as well as all of the monuments, with great restaurants and shops close by. There are definitely a few things that did not go well during our stay, but the staff is super friendly and accomodating to special requests. (more towels, bringing car around on time). One odd thing we noticed is that our room had not a single towel rack, not one. Not sure whether they forgot to install some or what, but there is no place to put a wet towel except on the floor. Also on our second night there, we went to take evening showers and the shower curtain was gone. It took about 20 min to get a replacement but one did arrive. The remote was gone when we checked in, but a replacement was brought, (that didn't work either, but a 2nd replacement was then brought up) and then we found the original behind the night stand, on the floor. Once these things are ironed out, towel racks installed, missing items taken care of without guests having to ask, it will rate higher. For the price, it was annoying to have to have these issues, but the room itself was large, clean and well appointed in every other way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank Stretch04
Stretch04, thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our central location in Washington DC. We apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during you stay with us, and we will look to improve upon these issues to improve future visits. We hope you give us another chance to impress you the next time you are in the area.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel in a great location spoiled because management has spent too little on infrastructure like a router to make sure internet and wifi is available in EVERY ROOM !
Poor Service from the hotel as the managers and staff were unreliable after several requests were not attended to! Many of the staff were polite and trying but it felt like a budget hotel at 5 star prices! Management get your act together!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Edward H
Edward H, thank you for taking the time to share you experience with Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We apologize for the poor wireless service that you had during your stay with us along with other inconveniences. We will look into these issues to make future visits more enjoyable. We are glad that you enjoyed our premier location in the heart of DC and hope you give us another chance to impress you the next time you are in the area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Normally when traveling I booked the hotel, however I let my husband do all the booking and based on the pictures I said it looks really nice. When I walked into the hotel and our suite, I told my husband " you did good daddy". Boy did he do good. I visit DC often for business/pleasure and this is by far one of the best hotels I stayed at in the Georgetown/Foggy Bottom area. It's close to everything, restaurants, etc. We were even able to walk to downtown Georgetown to watch a movie. Great hotel, service and location.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank MsLibrarian
Thank you MsLibrarian, for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our premier location in the heart of Washington DC along with our recently reinvented accommodation. We look forward to you and your husband joining us again the next time you are in the DC area.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the Melrose in Georgetown some years ago in the winter. My children live in the area but do not have space for me to stay with them so I was happy to get the price I did at the Melrose. The hotel has renovated since my last stay. My first shock was the cost to park my car. Usually the cost was $15 a day. Their cost is now $48 overnight. After accepting that would cost me approximately $150 for my 3 nights stay, I then turned to go to my room. There are only stairs to get to the elevator and access the upper floors. Does this comply with the disability act? I reached my very nice room and then found there was no ice machine available, I had to call to have ice brought to my room. That was fine until my call wasn't answered until the phone rang over 30 times. The next day I went down to get my car and there's no valet stand so I stood waiting for the valet to return to front door. When he returned, he told me I was to call down for my car. There was no instruction given about how to access my car when I checked in nor were there any instructions on the folder I was given when receiving my receipt for parking.
Although the location and rooms at the Melrose are both wonderful, I would like to see the hotel improve greatly in customer service and convenience.
Cheryl Chenet

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during you stay with us. We will look into these issues to see where we can improve to make future visits more enjoyable. We hope you give us another chance to impress you the next time you are in the Washington DC area.

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Melrose Hotel has climbed to the very top of my list of favorite hotels on the East Coast. From the decor, which is hip but sophisticated and tasteful, to the friendly staff, this hotel hits it out of the park in every category. But the best aspect is the unexpected size and level of luxuriousness of the rooms! The base level room is much larger than the average 4-star hotel room in DC, much nicer (plush linens, bath robes, high end bath products, high quality appointments), and the next level up is even better. My husband and I received a complimentary upgrade to an Executive King suite during our last stay there and were blown away by how nice it was. We felt like we had our own luxury condo for the weekend. The location is also choice because you're smack dab in between M street shops/restaurants in Georgetown and Dupont circle. Also, for runners/hikers/cyclists - access to the beautiful Rock Creek trail is just around the corner. I will find it very hard not to stay at The Melrose every time I visit DC!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Abigail W
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed our recently reinvented accommodations including large guest bedrooms and artfully designed interiors. We too love our central location in the heart of Washington DC, which makes our hotel ideal for business or pleasure. We look forward to you joining us again the next time you are in the DC area.