“Classy”

Ranked #37 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Classy”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This hotel is so beautiful. The locations is great, near all the attractions. The room is very clean, beds are comfy, bathroom is small but very clean. I would definitely recommend the hotel. Staff was also very helpful and nice! We had zero complains! Oh and the lobby is the perfect picture place. Absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dania A., thank you for sharing your experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel with large guest bedrooms and art-deco inspired interiors. We do hope you will be visiting us again in the near future, when perhaps you may enjoy a meal at our signature farm-to-fork restaurant Jardenea!

Jale Hashimi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Turkish first
Durham
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed in Melrose recently for two nights. On arrival we were informed that our booking was for two adults (our 15 year old son was with us) and that there was just one double bed room reserved. As this was deemed to be our mistake when booking from overseas, we were informed that our only option was to pay extra $60 per night for an executive suite. We found our confirmation email and the reception staff were professional enough to sort it out without extra cost (4.5 stars for Latoya)! I wonder what would have happened if we didn't have that email? We found the reception staff helpful, patient and professional in providing us with information and directions (being out first ever visit to USA). We had breakfast in the hotel and though good, it was overpriced and on the 2nd morning, we waited a long time for service, despite there being few people in the room. The waiter was quite abrupt in manner too. On check out, I realised I left a denim jacket behind in the room. I phoned twice and was put through to housekeeping where I left a message with all my details. I also sent an email. I am disappointed that the staff have not had the decency/professionalism to respond to my communication and this has marred our memories of the hotel, hence the lower rating. The location is superb with the pleasant Georgetown nearby which had good restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms clean and quite. Free wifi very weak with option to pay for upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Margaret O, thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our team here at Melrose strives to provide optimal customer service, and we are so glad that your booking issues were sorted out so that you may have a comfortable night's stay. We sincerely apologize for not getting back to you in regards to your denim jacket and we will be sure to have that sorted out. We take our guests's dining experience very seriously and we apologize for the service you received. I will look to see where the breakdown occurred. We do hope you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you find yourself in Washington, DC, Margaret. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very friendly staff at this hotel from when we arrived at the front door to when we collected our car to leave again. We arrived at the hotel before check in time, but the staff were only pleased to help. They parked the car for us and looked to see if a room was ready for us to check in early (at no extra cost). We were lucky as there was a room, if there had not have been they would have looked after the bags until we could. The same when we checked out, they happily looked after our bags until we were ready to leave.

Would certainly recommend this hotel for couples get away/city break.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you Bridget, for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our team here at Melrose strives to provide optimal customer service, and we are so happy to have left a lasting impression on you. We are happy to go above and beyond for our guests, and we do hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in DC, Bridget.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The location is great but in order to get anything done you have to tip. Don't bother talking to a manager they have no control of anything. If you want to check in early they will tell you that they are over booked and that they will do the best they can do but if you tip $20 and give them your phone number they will call you back in 15 mins telling you your room is ready. The Ice machine was broken so I talk to a manger which radioed someone else, 2 hours later still no ice. I grabbed a random worker give her $10 I had ice in 5 mins. Leave money for house cleaning at least $20 or liquor and you will not get any additional charges in your room. The mini bar is over priced just like everything else. Just move the contents of the mini bar to the bottom and go to a gas station get what you need. Everyone is expecting a tip even the people that open doors for you. The Valet also is expecting a tip even though they have to most expensive parking in town at $48. Just park in a garage for $30 and walk over. No, you can not unload your stuff in the front the valet service will not let you. overall I spent an additional $150 in tipping which is better then the $350 charge my friend got for supposedly trashing his room which is funny because my room looked worse than his. Yes this means if the water is not working upon check-in you find a maintenance and tip him to fix it. I hope this helps.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jose J
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Jose, I am sorry for the experience you had with your stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am surprised to hear about the service you experienced, for I can assure you that our staff strives to provide optimal customer service regardless of a tip. I will look immediately into finding where the breakdown in service occurred in regards to the amenities that you have mentioned. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss your stay further. Thank you for providing your feedback and I wish you the best with all future travel endeavors.

Seregno, Italy
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This Melrose Georgetown is in a nice position, close to Georgetown, and not far from the White House and main monuments. It is an elegant hotel, good for businnes. A good bar is available in the lobby. The room is comfortable. The bathroom defenetely too small. WiFi connection, low speed, is available for free in the rooms. We had a problem the second day with the room service. We went out to visit the city at 9.00 a.m. and we came back at 2.00 p.m. and our room was not set up. We went out again from 4.00 p.m. an we came back at 6 p.m. and the room was not set up. This is not a service expected by a 4 stars hotel. We were two in the room and just one bathrobe. No coffe machine available in the room. Small things but important in my opinion for a extremely good rate.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We too love our convenient location in the heart of DC, within walking distance of famed attractions and premier shopping, dining and entertainment. We sincerely apologize for the lack of adequate housekeeping service you experienced. This is unacceptable by Melrose standards and I assure you this is not up to the standards in which we operate. I will immediately look to see where the breakdown in service occurred and I do hope you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you find yourself in DC.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I arrived to a clean and nicely decorated lobby. The front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. We had a king room thatt was clean, quiet and overlooked PA Ave. One initial problem we encountered was the door wouldn't close completely unless you slammed it hard. We contacted the front desk and the problem was corrected that day. No coffee maker in the room but I had read earlier reviews so I was prepared to make my way to the lobby in the morning :)

The hotel lounge had a very nice attentive bartender where we had our nightcap each evening. The Sunday morning breakfast I wish we would have skipped. There was a group of people that had attended a wedding the night before and they were very loud and kept the wait staff busy. We were in the dining area over an hour for an omlet and cold toast - two people, $46. Way overpriced. I suggest finding an alternative. We were staying for five nights and thought we would have dinner at the Melrose but after the breakfast we decided to eat in Georgetown instead.

I absolutely loved the hotel staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and their responsiveness. A short walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro in one direction and Georgetown in the other direction made this the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor, PA ave. We had no inside or outside noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Notfrequent54229, thank you for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our team here at Melrose strives to provide attentive, helpful and friendly service, and it so great to hear that we have left a lasting impression on you! We are so glad that you enjoyed our bar chef creations, made with fresh fruit consomme at our signature Jardenea Lounge. We do hope you will be joining us again the next time you find yourself in DC, and be sure to look to our website to find the latest deals and packages.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had a lovely time at this hotel. Doormen were very nice and always greeted us every time we were at the doors. The reception staff were also absolutely lovely and very helpful by providing us with a list of restaurants in the area. Free tea and Coffee in the lobby area down stairs near reception. Rooms were fantastic and very spacious. Molton brown amenities were lovely. Brilliant location with walking distance to most places and if walking's not your thing then the metro isn't far either. Only thing I would say is the Resturant downstairs is fairly overpriced for what it is, food is good enough but nothing special enough to pay nearly $50 for two breakfasts. All in all great hotel which I will be coming back to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank beezer90
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
AllieBee90, thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our team here at Melrose is happy to provide helpful, attentive and friendly customer service, and we are so glad we left a lasting impression on you. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our spacious guest bedrooms a luxury amenities, sure to make for a comfortable stay! We very much look forward to your return, and be sure to look to our website for the latest deals and packages.