“Dinner & Drinks & DC”

Jack Rose Dining Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Rose Dining Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 3,284 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Florida Ave. NW
Transit: Metro Accessible via Red Line. Located between to Dupont Circle Metro and Adams Morgan/ Woodley Park. Bus Lines 42 and 90
Description: This place is great and needs to be on trip advisor. A wonderful establishment.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We opted for the Jack Rose Dining Saloon as it was listed as one of DC's top restaurants. Dinner, as it was just a friend and I, started with the brazed scallops with white beans (delicious) and we each just had the house burger for dinner. The food, very good and priced competitively for the location. Drinks..ah, now that's a different story! The Jack Rose has every conceivable whisky there is. Stocked from floor to ceiling with myriad bourbon, rye, scotch and a smattering of off-the-wall very-unique whiskeys, this is where selection becomes complicated. I opted for just sticking with a rum based mix drink (Lost At Sea), but multiple orders thereof. My friend opted to sample a number of Rye whiskeys and had multiple orders of the Sazarac. Here's the bonus: the wait staff. They're not here just to move product, they are exceptionally well informed - walking encyclopedias of distilled information - and can suggest and guide you through a magnificent sampling experience. About three hours after we sat down, we finally departed...but we'll be back. The Jack Rose is great experience.

There are newer reviews for Jack Rose Dining Saloon

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice. The bourbon and whiskey selection is top notch. Hundreds of bottles line the walls and are poured daily. It's a busy youngish crowd with a the bourbon sommelier helping to guide the patrons. Staff is very helpful with suggestions and multiple rarer varieties of most liquors are available from tequila to gin.
I had a ribeye for dinner early Saturday evening. The meat was good but the pairing with cold and warm salad was spot on. Coupled with a "green monster" mixed gin, I almost felt like I was eating healthy. Chocolate crime de pot was also nicely paired with a mixed drink of the bartenders choosing.
I'll come back next time and bring friends.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Jack Rose is a great local bar with a passion for whisky, scotch and bourbon. They love it and it shows. Fantastic service and the food highlight was the wild boar. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Ok, so I am a die hard bourbon fan and believed that I knew the drink pretty well... That is until I got to Jack Rose. The staff is insanely knowledgable, friendly and ready to answer any and all of your questions. They have over 1200, yes that's what said, 1200 different bottles of various alcohol. Bourbon accounts for roughly 1/3 of that. The rest is vodka, rum, tequila, mezcal, absinthe, brandy, beer and wine. Whatever you feel like having that evening, you will find something guaranteed. Their cocktails are really fun and innovative too. When it comes to the food, another slam dunk. Really well presented. Tastes great and is a lot of fun to eat. I really recommend this place to people in search of a great time, great food and amazing drinks. I can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I loved the environment and the service, small but good menu and great place for long evening of drinks