“A lovely experience ”

Dean & Deluca Georgetown
Ranked #8 of 77 Shopping in Washington DC
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Dean and Deluca is a very promising restaurant/ market. The staff are very pleasant, friendly and eager to please. There is a huge variety to choose from, especially if you are vegetarian! The food is delicious. The ambiance is amazing! I would recommend going there for a meal
or even a snack.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This was probably the worst dean and deluca experience I have had. The place was a mess, coffee grounds everywhere, dirty coffee mugs, one rude barrista and other rude workers who weren't helpful with my inquiries. Why did it get a 3/5 and not lower? The coffee was still out of this world, which was the sole reason for the visit.

1  Thank teedot66
Reviewed 31 October 2017

This place is, by any reasonable measure, a quite amazing Deli/Food-Store : their range and quality are unarguably excellent, but I suppose one must highlight that "Dean & Deluca" is located in the heart of an extremely affluent area, and its prices are not inconsiderable.

We come here just once a year, when we visit Washington D.C. - a visit to this venue has become part of a sort of "routine" when we spend a Saturday afternoon in Georgetown - our absolute "highlight" on such occasions is, by the way, going to the wonderful "Patagonia" Store.

Coming here for Coffees/Snacks this year was both frustrating and amusing : in front of me in the Line were a self-absorbed Couple who dallied, on a "will I / won't I" basis, considering what they might actually order, while the rest of us, waited, (with not quite baited breath) - they eventually made up their minds, to suppressed sighs of relief from those of us unfortunate enough to have to stand behind them.

Anyway, I eventually got us our Americano and Cappucino + Muffins, noting that those on the Counter were a lot more "civil" than last year.

By the way, I also noted that the self-absorbed Couple in front of me also had a Dog with them, in what is a Foodstore - I honestly don't know what the regulations are in the U.S., (or indeed the distinctive neighbourhood of Georgetown), but where we come from, Dogs are NOT allowed in Food Stores....

And, NO, they haven't done anything about improving the extremely poor access to the Rest-Rooms.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Lovely food store offering a variety of prepared foods and ingredients. You can purchase food and eat it in their covered eating area (if you are lucky enough to grab a seat). A couple of comments... why why why is there so much packaging on food that is meant for immediate consumption? Also, it's not a place for cheap eats. I had the rice paper rolls for lunch, they weren't particularly tasty and they were particularly expensive (for what they were). Nice surroundings though and definitely worth a look.