“Bad tour guides”
Review of iGuide Tours - CLOSED

iGuide Tours
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: iGuide Tours was founded by a small, yet committed group of experienced Washington D.C. tour professionals who agreed that it was time to build a sightseeing company in our nation's capitol that was worthy of this great American city. iGuide Tours offers three different tours; 3 times a day; 7 days a week. A licensed Washington DC tour guide will hop on and off the bus with the guest at each attraction to explain the history of each location. iGuide Tours also conducts its tours using 2012 Mercedes Sprinters to provide the highest quality possible.
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I read some good reviews and thought they were very nice tour company. So I booked online and joined some of their tours. They showed us the highlights of the city but the guides were not trustable. I asked the guide about my bookings, he told me that the tour was going to be operated the next day. So I was waiting at the lobby of the hotel at the meeting time but the tour bus did not show up. Then I called the office and they said the tour was scheduled the next day. So I wasted my limited time in DC and had to reschedule my plans. I did not like the tour guides because they seemed not to be honest and they don't have any hospitality. I was uncomfortable during the tour. I don't recommend their tours.

5  Thank 0909tommy

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I just came back from our 5 day trip to DC an amazing place to visit and best to see everything on foot, sore feet but worth every step. The night tour guide Nick was amazing despite the rain we had and highly recommend this tour. The Big Red Bus tours are great as you can hop off and on as you go and cover everything, we got the 48 hour pass so what we did not see the first day we did the next. Other interesting places to visit by Metro is Alexandria, antique stores, restaurants and river cruises, the Zoo is $1.00 bus ride from downtown and well worth a visit.

1  Thank paddyboyMiltonKeynes
Reviewed 13 July 2013

DO NOT BOOK with iGuide tours!! I planned a weekend trip for our anniversary, being very careful to book tours based on what we wanted to see and the fact that I couldn't walk much do to fairly recent back surgery. The iGuide tours sounded perfect, so I booked two tours online. About a half hour before the morning tour, I got a call saying we were the only ones booked and could we switch to an evening tour. We couldn't since we had dinner reservations, so we had to cancel. The next day, we waited in vain for the afternoon tour and the bus never came. I called and was told that it was canceled. They said we could catch a different tour with a partner, so we dashed across town to catch that one. When we got on, it wasn't going anywhere we wanted to see, so we jumped off, I called iGuide and told them it wasn't anything like the one we booked. I was assured I'd get a full refund of the $180 I paid. It's 3 months later, and no refund. I've sent numerous emails with no reply. They ruined our carefully planned weekend as we didn't get to see half of what we planned because we had to do it all on foot.

15  Thank Judi B
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We wanted to enjoy the Memorial day with a nice night tour. We found iguide on the internet with good reviews. We paid and booked online and received email confirmation. We went to the meeting place as described. Noone showed up. There were others who booked the tour as well. We tried to call their office, no answer. There were similar tours at the same location. They said they know the tour guides and tried to call, left message, no answer. Then we reached to someone. They said the tour is cancelled due to Rolling Thunder and we will get our money back. Since then we are not getting any response to our messages no answer to our calls. I guess they are out of business and our money is gone. What a terrible experience and disgrace for tourism of Washington DC. Stay away from these guys.

7  Thank gyet
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We organised this tour when we got to Washington D.C. after I did some quick research after we got there. I rang them and booked the tour and we had no problems with that. The next morning we got to the metro, missed a train and so were late and missed our tour. We rang the office and they said they would send the bus back for us but we asked if we could go the next day instead as we had already missed about 1/2 an hour. They said this was no problem at all. We turned up the next day and did the tour no worries.

It was a wonderful tour!! Our tour guide was Nick and he was great! He knew so many stories and so much history. He had even started studying what every carving on every building meant and was able to tell us about them as well. We had about 6-8 other people on our tour which was great. Being on a small shuttle type bus instead of a big bus all day was a good thing. After the tour we went to lunch at a place Nick had recommended and it was great as well.

We would totally recommend this tour to people.

1  Thank Fendaz