“nice accomodations”

Ranked #11 of 37 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“nice accomodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I were visiting our son in DC. Our stay at the Taft Bridge Inn was great. We stayed in a queen room on the third floor. It was very roomy with a sofa and two easy chairs. The bathroom was nice, and it was very quiet,despite being on the street side. The public areas of the Inn were great. Breakfast was acceptable, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a shared bathroom. Their website is well done and explains things well.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
portland , oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My stay at the Taft Bridge Inn was simply stated "lovely". Even with the front bedroom on the street side it was unbelievably quiet, a welcomed amenity in a crazy busy city. The staff was very accomodating even in my late arrival and was more than willing to accomodate me.
I agree Jennifer is very friendly and fun too! I loved that from this Inn you could pretty much get anywhere. I took the bus, walked and hailed cabs very easily.

Room Tip: Front room on the right of the entrance..........dont hesitate to take it!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn for 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay. The inn is quaint, cozy, and full of character. I stayed in a cute single room on the 3rd floor and found it to be bright, fresh and clean.

The room had a shared bathroom with other rooms but I did not find this to be a problem as I originally thought I would. I had the choice of two bathrooms to use and felt as though both were my own as I never had to wait to use either one. And they were kept very clean at all times.

The breakfasts were great! I enjoyed Jennifer's homemade mini quiches, banana bread and granola cereal. There was a fridge on the same floor as my room for guests to store left-over restaurant take-out. I always eat half a meal only so having this option was appreciated.

The inn is in a lovely, safe neighbourhood and is a short walk to the Metro. If you're a walker like myself, the inn is only a 20-25 min walk to the White House and downtown area.

I would highly recommend this inn for anyone staying in Washington. For solo travellers, the price is right compared to other accommodations in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Globetraveler74
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Just returned from a one week stay at this wonderful inn. It has an unbeatable location with easy accessibility to all of Washington D.C. and the surrounding area. Beautiful Victorian which feels like a home away from home. The common areas are very comfortable. The staff could not be any better. Jennifer greets you every morning and is always concerned that you are having the best stay. The breakfasts were delicious. The Inn is also located a short walk to wonderful areas of Washington filled with great restaurants, bars, coffeehouses, and many other amenities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Proctor, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

My sister and I spent 3 nights at the Inn and all I can say is I can't wait to get back! We were greeted with fresh-baked cookies, our room was beautifully decorated and accommodated two guests very comfortably. Jennifer was so helpful that I feel I left a friend behind, and she cooked and served delicious breakfasts (amazing mini quiches and homemade banana bread, for instance). The furnishings are tasteful and elegant and you feel transported to the previous century. Great restaurants within walking distance, along with the Phillips Collection (great museum). The owner, Yoshie, has created a remarkably warm and friendly place where top notch service comes with real heart.

Room Tip: Room 17 was quiet and comfortable for two siblings (twin beds). I'd love to stay in room 18 next...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank azurevt
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Taft Bridge Inn satisfied my need for wi-fi, breakfast and reasonably priced parking. I felt safe as a woman traveling with my teenage son, which was very important as I chose lodging. Location is good and metro is close enough. The Inn itself is really lovely - furnished with lots of antiques and Japanese art reflecting the owner's background. Jennifer makes fantastic omelets and I found breakfast to be quite enjoyable. Our room was very comfortable, large, well furnished, as was our bath. We would have appreciated a larger television for late at night and an available electric outlet by the beds would be very helpful for laptop/smart phone use as batteries recharge, but these are only mentioned as suggestions on ways to improve and not as complaints. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend highly to all of my friends traveling to DC. Great place!!!!

Room Tip: If you like sunshine, #17 is not for you, but all of the other rooms were full of natural light and...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Arlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you're looking for cozy comfort in elegant surroundings this is the perfect B & B. Not for the person looking for modern and full service accommodations. But great breakfast, wifi and folks who want to make your stay a pleasant one. The staff couldn't have been more helpful--printing boarding passes, loaning an umbrella, giving directions--I was as comfortable as I would have been in my own home!

Room Tip: First floor room--either front or rear
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple