“Great Experience”

Ranked #11 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I came to town this past week looking for apartments and needed a reasonably-priced and CLEAN place to stay. I must say that I was thoroughly impressed by pretty much everything about this place. A few points that I liked:

Breakfast: I had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, so I wasn’t sure how it all worked. But, Jennifer cooked everyone breakfast right as they woke up, and it was good stuff. Like a home cooked meal. But the breakfast times are different for the weekend and weekdays, so just be aware in the morning. I forgot the first day.

Location: Kalorama district. I’m new to Washington, so I wasn’t sure about the location. Once I got here though, I could literally walk everywhere I wanted to go. Much quieter than further downtown.

Service: Jennifer was great. She gave me a tour of the place and even took the time to help me with my apartment search and give me advice. She knows all about Washington, so definitely ask her if you need help.

Bathrooms: I chose to share one, and I never had to wait. I almost thought I was the only one staying there until morning when I would see people at breakfast. Bathroom was very clean though.

I always use this site, so I thought I would pass on the knowledge of this great find.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

This will be our little secret......I've found by far the best place to stay! I have been several times and would not consider anywhere to stay when in DC. It's easy to find, easy to get to (10 minute walk from the Red Line metro Dupont Circle). It's on a quiet street side but is only blocks from the Adams Morgans main drag and with Dupont Circle nearby there are several great restrauants and diversions to find. The owners set the standard for ensuring you have a restful enjoyable stay. It's a colonial charmer with antiques throughout. Breakfast in the morning is wonderful, I like to go just to talk to Jennifer who always makes you feel right at home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have been staying at the Taft Bridge Inn for more than a decade and just love the place! It is a truly charming bed & breakfast that provides the kind of personal comfort that hotel chains can't even imagine. The breakfast is hardy, the house is quiet and the location within walking distance of Dupont Circle, provides you with a wide selection of restaurants, banks, and other local retailers. I go to DC for business but the Taft Bridge Inn would work for a family trip as well. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms with the shared bath are a super bargain if you want a clean room to sleep and you don'...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Kinderhook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn on many occasions and I can't begin to tell you how lucky we are to have found it, thanks to our daughter who lives in the neighborhood and whom we visit frequently.
All the rooms are charming and nicely furnished. The parlor and dining room are very inviting and breakfast represents a great opportunity to chat with other guests from different parts of the world. The entire inn is impeccably CLEAN! We've never stayed in a more spotless place.
The inn is in a quiet residential area and yet within walking distance to public transportation and restaurants. Who could ask for more?
We're anxiously looking forward to our next visit.
Jacqueline

Room Tip: we prefer the rooms on the 2nd floor that are quite roomy.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn many times, sometimes on business, other times for leisure. All of the rooms I've stayed in are lovely. The breakfast is truly special. If you'd like to see how it feels to live in DC, stay here. The metro is close by, as are great restaurants and shops. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Davidson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Loved the Taft Bridge Inn! My 10 yr old daughter and I stayed there for 3 nights in May. It's a beautiful old home with lots of charm and character. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My daughter is gluten free so I brought our own bread which they kept in the kitchen for us and included in her breakfast each morning. The location is perfect - 1 mile walk to the zoo and about 10 minute walk to the Dupont Circle metro. Lots of fabulous restaurants within walking distance and I always felt safe walking with just the 2 of us. We'll be staying there again the next time we visit DC!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Although I could not stay with my friend in town because his flat is too small, the people at the hotel really made me feel at home in Washington. Having breakfast with other guests around the table is something I did not experience so far, and it is a very good opportunity to exchange experiences. The atmosphere is great and rooms are cosy and clean. Worth a visit!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends