During a recent trip to Washington D.C. for a training, I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental and it was just amazing from the moment I walked through the door. The hotel was 10 minute Taxi ride from Union Station. As soon as I walked into the hotel, I was awestruck by how beautiful it looked. The woman at the reception desk was kind and helpful. She even granted me a late check-out due to the timing of my training.
I walked to the elevator, through the hallways of my floor and to my room, I just could not believe this beautiful hotel offered government rate rooms. The first thing I did when I went to the room was change into my gym clothes to get a quick workout in before dinner.
The gym was very clean and had an array of cardio equipment with personal HD screens. The free weights and arm/leg machines looked very up-to-date. There was a choice of cool or room temp. water, fresh fruit and delicious teas. My quick workout turned into a wonderful, blood pumping workout. I felt like I could take on the world.
I walked back into my room pumped up and to my surprise, the turn down service had already taken place. All of the lights except one was turned off, the TV was set the hotels relaxation channel, slippers were left at the side of the bed and ice and a bottle of water awaited me. There was a relaxation card left on the bed. From that point on, all I could do was run a hot bath and relax.
The room was small but immaculate. There was a glass shower and a deep soaking tub with a robe a slipper set. The bed was comfortable andThe view was of another building but it really did not matter because the room was so amazing, the room didn't even need a window. That first night, I slept like a baby.
I woke up the early next morning and took a shower in the amazing glass shower which had excellent water pressure. A copy of USA Today was on the door nob. The hotel was located near the L'Enfant Plaza where my training was being held. I could not wait to leave for day and go back to the hotel. I walked back into the room and found looking immaculate once again.
I looked forward to another workout and this time I wanted to take advantage of the pool. I had a wonderful conversation with the staff who was restocking the towels before my workout. I guess because it was freezing outside no one wanted to take a dip in the pool. I went into the pool which was relatively warm, after three minutes two young men came in and asked if the temperature was okay. I said it could be a little warmer, low and behold, the men turned up the water temperature just for me. Talk about amazing service!
Once again I go back to room and the turn down service had already taken place. I took a nice, long bath. Relaxed and watched TV (which ALL the channels were in HD). Once again, I slept like a baby.
I am looking forward to the next time I have to go to DC for work. I would just go so that I can stay at this hotel. The service was impeccable and Asian decor was absolutely gorgeous. I hope to go when the weather is nicer just so I can take advantage of the hotel and it's proximity to the Smithsonian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer is when the Nation’s Capital is most welcoming. Visitors can fill their itineraries with fun outdoor festivals, live concerts, thought-provoking museum exhibits, professional sports, along with some of the world’s most recognized monuments and the nation’s most cherished memorials. As Washington’s only hotel featuring views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is at the center of everything. Now featuring dramatically refreshed luxury guestrooms, MO is located just steps from the Jefferson Memorial and the beautiful cherry tree-lined Tidal Basin. Our honored guests also enjoy very short walks to the National Mall, museums of the Smithsonian Institution, Washington Monument, and the White House. Business travelers will appreciate swift transfers between Ronald Reagan National Airport, Union Station, U.S. Capitol, and House and Senate Office Buildings. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous for providing legendary service, excellent dining, arresting design, and immersive spas that rejuvenate body and mind. Our hotel presents you with an experience that is uniquely Washington and always mindful of our oriental heritage. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental