Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$399
US$321
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
US$433
US$355
  • Bar/Lounge
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$437
US$412
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
  • Pool
US$460
US$360
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$470
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$630
US$464
US$413
  • Pool
2,075 results
All reviewsjefferson memorialtidal basinempress loungemuze restaurantroom servicesteam roomtrain tracksturn down serviceclub levelbeautiful hotelluxury hotelcity viewnational mallpotomac riverfour seasonssmithsonian museumslobby bar
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been staying at Mandarin properties for 30 years and I was ecstatic when the Mandarin opened in DC, where I travel frequently on business. I made the Mandarin DC my hotel of choice when I commenced a series of meetings over a six month period in DC over two years ago. The property did not disappoint in any respect and lives up to the Mandarin's high standards.

Check in is always professional, friendly and efficient. The hotel is always good about assigning me a lovely room. The views are exquisite all seasons of the year. I especially like the Cherry Blossom season since many rooms have views of the Tidal Basin and the blossoms.

Every room that I have stayed in is spacious, very well designed and beautifully appointed. The beds and linens are soft and welcoming. The bathroom are large and offer oversized tubs and stand alone showers.

The lobby is grand and houses a great lounge, and offer an extensive list of premium (and interesting) drinks, tea and coffee.

The location is out of the center. I enjoy the river and monument views and access to so many great running options in the morning, including all of the monuments and the Capitol -- not to mention a run across the river into Virginia. Our office is an easy cab ride away and taxis are always plentiful.

The Spa lives up to the Mandarin's high standards as well.

Overall, this is a lovely gem and oasis in the Capitol and a great option for a retreat when in Washington for business. We also made a family trip when I once had meetings all all of our children -- big and small -- had a grand time and enjoyed the convenience and location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Timothy H, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear M S,

We are honored to have the opportunity to make our hotel a ‘home away from home’ for you & your family.

Thank you for your continued patronage! We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

15 minutes to check in, then room wasn't ready, then 30 minutes for a new room key to switch rooms because room request was incorrect, and now almost an hour and counting to get a new light bulb for the only upright lamp in a dimly lit and poorly lit room.

When I complained to the manager, her response was far from empathic. It was just the usual lines of "we'll do it right away."

The staff here are poorly trained. The rooms are nice but not exceptional. There is far better value at this price point. The service (bellmen, room servicing staff) are good, but that's it. Horrible experience.

5  Thank frequenttraveler342

Dear frequenttraveler342,

While I am delighted by your comments on our In Room Dining & Guest Services colleagues, please accept my apologies for any delays you encountered. This is obviously not indicative of the standards of service we aim to achieve.

Could I ask that you contact me at tharleth@mohg.com with your reservation number? I would grateful be for the opportunity to investigate the issues you had during your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my second visit here for an overnight stay for business function. From the moment you arrive, you feel welcome and special. When checking in you are greeted with a friendly hello and a warm towel to refresh yourself. The rooms are A+, large, luxurious, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are huge, with a soaking size tub and a large tiled shower with one of the most powerful and soothing showerheads I've ever experienced.

The housekeepers have an invisible presence in your room, making subtle adjustments as the day goes by to help you out along the way. The large tv swivels toward the bed but doesn't swivel the other way towards the desk. I did have an ice bucket full of water when I arrived, which I imagine was waiting ice at one time. I walked the hall looking for ice without success and imagined the security staff watching me through the many cameras situated along the halls, half thinking an invisible voice would tell me that there is no ice on the floor and call housekeeping.

I was onsite for a conference and the banquet staff was pleasant and efficient and always available. The food, for a conference, was way above average, actually delicious. The eggs at breakfast tasted manufactured though, as opposed to real/fresh.

The one complaint I would have is that the $15/night internet fee seems excessive considering the cost of the room and the universal use of wifi.

1  Thank Eyeballs

Dear Eyeballs,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us!

I truly believe that we have one of the best experiences in Washington, D.C.

Our team is genuinely eager to ensure that all your needs are anticipated.

Additionally, I have some very excited news on the cost of internet. We have a new initiative that provides complimentary internet access for up to six different devices. This is available to all guests that create a Profile on our website, www.mandarinoriental.com, and book one of our published rates.

I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for a business meeting this past weekend. The facility is wonderful and the service what one would expect for a Mandarin Oriental, pretty much flawless. The rooms are large and comfortable, it was hard to get out of bed every morning. The restaurants on the premises are very good. Will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank stevesottl

Dear stevesottl,

Thank you for the very kind review of our service! We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Mandarin Oriental was pure luxury from the moment the doormen open your car door and take care of all your baggage. The staff was exceedingly friendly and accommodating, and there was never a lapse in response when we asked for something. Bottled water left next to the bed every night and also by the front door with fresh fruit every morning for your trip through the city. The views from the room were beautiful, the beds were beyond comfortable and the location was right across from a starbucks where you could get breakfast (to avoid the unreasonable prices at the Mandarin)

However there were a few cons that I have to make note of...There was no refrigerator in the room and the bottled water was warm from the moment they handed it to you. You also have to be prepared for the train running through at all hours of the night (not an issue with the hotel, but still something to be aware of).

All over all the stay was quite memorable and enjoyable. I definitely hope to return to the Mandarin Oriental in the future.

1  Thank Courtney O