We stayed for a long weekend bringing my son down to an internship in DC. The hotel was lovely, the rooms tastefully appointed. We had requested a water view and asked if we could be moved to view the Jefferson Memorial. They were unable to accommodate our request the first evening, but did move us to better rooms for the remainder of our stay.
The lounge area with the live Jazz was fantastic, but like most DC venues, drinks are not inexpensive. The service was exceptional.
We did eat dinner at the hotel one evening and unfortunately, I can not recommend it. The menu was too limited and the food in general was just not good - nor was it worth the price.
The Hotel has a great fitness area, spacious, clean and well appointed. The pool was empty at the time I went to work out, so that was a nice treat. The pool and surrounding areas were very clean and neat.
The spa area, however, could use a facelift. The locker room and jacuzzi were lacking for a hotel of this staus. The jacuzzi and sauna looked old and tired, and many mosaic tiles were missing in the jacuzzi. Two other things to note, parking is expensive - park off site if you can, and internet access is not free - but $15 per day - not something I would expect to pay for at a hotel of this type.
All in all, the service and rooms are wonderful, with just a few areas of improvement needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When autumn comes and the weather cools down, Washington gets down to business as it becomes more walkable and much livelier. It’s the perfect time to plan a trip with fun outdoor festivals, live concerts, thought-provoking museum exhibits, along with some of the world’s most recognized monuments, and the nation’s most cherished memorials. With newly renovated guest rooms and only hotel featuring views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is at the center of everything. Our guests enjoy short walks to the National Mall, the Smithsonian Institution, and Washington Monument. Soon, guests will be able to stroll over to District Wharf—a brand new development along the waterfront featuring over 20 restaurants, an exciting concert venue called The Anthem, nightclubs with live entertainment, fun shopping, and luxury residences. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous for providing the finest service, dining, design, and spas. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental