“Not worth it.”

Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University
Ranked #116 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I would have normally given this a 3 or 4... but the two following things really upset me. 1) The poor quality of their showers. Very low water pressure that just did not take the shampoo out of my hair. 2) I accidentally left a NorthFace jacket in my room. I called a couple hours later - they transferred me straight to housekeeping where I left a message. I never heard back. Not at all happy with their customer service in this regard and will not be staying there again under my own dime.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ErikaGuarino

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the first time about 5 years ago. I found it by looking for hotels in DC that didn't cost an arm and a leg but was clean. We love this place. The rooms are clean, quiet and roomy enough. The staff goes out of the way to assist you. This visit was not planned because my son had a health scare and we went to be with him. The staff was concerned and remembered to ask about him each day.
The breckfasts were good and fresh. We did not eat there for any other meal.
It is easy to get to the Hotel and the parking garage was close. There are shuttles to the Metro.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Katy G
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel provided most things you could want during a short stay. Rooms were spacious and clean although the air conditioning could not be turned off. We would have preferred to open a window. Staff were very helpful at all times during our stay. The free shuttle service to Union station was excellent and the grounds of the university beautiful as was Washington itself.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the area. It is well kept and the hotel itself is perfectly fine for a stay in Washington. I was most impressed with the barkeeper/cook who operates the facilities in the second floor 'lunch area'. He is a one man show and keeps the place buzzing. I would have to concur about the remainder of the staff however: They are less than pleasant. I asked questions of the shuttle driver only to be rebuffed and told to <read the sign!>. If I was asking, it was only because the instructions about the free shuttle service were not clear. Same goes for the breakfast buffet that I was told was included in our room fee only to discover a 50$ surcharge on our room bill. The staff took no notice that we had been told that it was included.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda R
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The hotel is located on the campus of Gallaudet University, which appears to be designed for the deaf community. It is wonderfully safe, while the surrounding neighborhood doesn't appear to be all that savory at night every entrance to the university is shut except the one that goes by the guard post. Also, the room was very clean and well-stocked with amenities. Several restaurants deliver here, including Italian Kitchen on U which does a very good cannoli. The hotel is in a good location with an easy 20 min walk to downtown DC.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor... pretty views of the beautiful historic buildings on campus.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank T W
Reviewed 15 July 2013

They are very cleanliness, friendly, service, room and many more. I love their bed like a heaven! This Hotel is almost 5 stars! I had been going there for almost 5 years to presents. They are my second home. - Ken Elks, MSSDAA President

Room Tip: Deaf Friendly and quiet at Gallaudet University
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ken E
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed there for two nights, family of 4.
Good quiet location. Outdated, but clean room.
Front desk personal--well, could do a much better job...at times it felt like they were doing us a favor.
Continental breakfast--just don't bother. It was horrible...horrible to the point that even though we had a deal for it for free--we didn't eat anything there!!!
Best part is that hotel provides free transportation.
They have two shuttle routs--one regular, that leaves about every 15-20 minutes and can take you to Union Station. Second one is a small 6 passehger van that leaves the hotel every hour and if you manage to book it a day before, it can even take you to Reagan Airport--free!!! Or anywhere around National Mall...driver is a great guy, don't forget to tip him. He went out of his way to even pick me up from the Mall on the way back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family