“good way to see Washington”
Review of DC Trails

Washington DC Twilight Tour
Ranked #20 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dc Trails offer live narrated tours of Washington DC. Featuring our beautiful double decker open top bus tours And includes our 24 hours Hop on Hop off, the 48 hours Hop-on Hop-off bus tour, Grand Tour and Arlington Cemetery, twilight Tour and Mt. Vernon of Old Town Alexandria.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The bus was new and in good shape, The seating was comfortable,and the a.c. was cold. Our driver Dee Dee was very personable, she was very knowledgeable about Washington D.C. and all the sights and points of interest.
We took the night tour and the monuments at night were beautiful.
I walk with a cane and at some of the stops I could not walk to all the places to see in the time allotted for the stop. Other than that the tour was very enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for DC Trails

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I took D.C.trails on june 16 the driver was o.k. but the thing that upset my tour was #1 the air conditioner did not cool properly for as big as the bus is I WAS HOT and SWEATING the whole time everyone was complaining about it the whole time bus driver didn't seem to care!!!!#2 we had a family from Brazil that could speak perfect english the bus driver told every one to be back at a certain time they didn't comeback for 45 mminutes later not once but 2 times we had to wait on the bus with no air at all ruining each time waitng for them when I think we should have left them we got cheated on our tour as well as everyone else did..I think the driver should have continued the tour and have them catch up in a taxi finally I could not take anymore crap so we got off and took taxi to our hotel..the cab.40.00 the tour was 48.00 eac.h which it was my husband and myself..I called to talk manager waiting on a call back....Well today is June 18 still no call back from the manager we are going back to louisville ky today..Please save your money do not go on this tour bus...You will regret it if you do....

2  Thank lydiadiego
Darnell P, Manager at DC Trails, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Hello Mark,

It's terribly disheartening that you had such a frustrating experience with us. We want all our passengers to enjoy a pleasant, relaxed tour which is impossible when the air condition is not working properely as it should. " Without a doubt, there were some serious miss communications that day, and we made several large mistakes, all of which we own up to. That being said, your experience does not reflect how we usually operate. Hopefully, you'll trust that this incident was an outlier.

If you'd like to discuss your situation further, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Even though it doesn't make up for the ordeal, we hope the fact that we didn't charge you shows how much we care about our customers and our business.

Darnell
Tour Director

Reviewed 5 May 2014

What a great way to see all the memorials and monuments. I am so glad I did this at night instead of during the day -- just breathtaking and spectacular! Lincoln Memorial didn't disappoint, and FDR's Memorial was really inspiring.

Our tour guide/driver was very knowledgeable about buildings we drove by and also about historic facts regarding DC! Definitely a must if you're coming here!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Fabulous tour of DC at night.
P?U at the hotel; right on time.
Professional and informative; good bang for the buck!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Found this tour on a brochure in my hotel lobby. Looked perfect as it hits everything I wanted to see in 3.5 hours, beginning at 7pm, and it was only $39 per person.
Called the number on the brochure to inquire about availablility for that night, Friday, and was told no problem. Took reservations and payment over the phone with no issues and was advised of where the tour departed. When I asked about proximity to metro rail stations, I was told which train to use, which station to get off at, which station exit I should use, and even which direction and how far to walk, and that they would have a shuttle meet me and take me to the departure point at no cost. The directions were perfect, the shuttle showed up on time, and driver greeted me by name, even giving a short commentary on the sights we passed on our way to the main tour bus.
The tour was in a glass-roofed double-decker bus, with an extremely knowledgable and personal guide. She kept up a running commentary throughout the drive, interspersed with the right amount of humor to keep it interesting. We had plenty of time at each stop to fully explore the monuments, and she took a headcount before we departed each stop, making sure everyone was on board.
I highly recommend this tour... DC is beautiful in the evening and at night, in fact, some of the monuments seem even more impressive in the dark when they are illuminated. (Note: The Vietnam War and Korean War memorials are dimly lit by design to promote a somber and reflective experience)
The stops we made were:
White House (Photo stop only)
Lincoln Memorial
Korean War Memorial (Statues of soldiers look ghostly under camera flash)
Vietnam War Memorial (sobering and impressive)
World War II Memorial (breathtaking at night)
Iwo Jima Memorial (WOW)
FDR Memorial (NEW, 4 outdoor "rooms", very interesting and pleasant to walk around)
Jefferson Memorial (Love the quotes, beautiful views)
Martin Luther King Memorial (NEW - Impressive... great quote inscriptions, cool sculpture work)

We also saw many monuments and memorials from the coach, about which details were given, such as the Capitol, the Old Post Office, National Archives, and many more.

YOU MUST TAKE THIS TOUR!!! You won't be disappointed.