“Amazing.”

Smithsonian National Mall Tours
Ranked #45 of 148 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride beside history! Prepared in consultation with Smithsonian experts, this premiere Segway tour highlights the architecture, art, culture, and history of Washington, DC's National Mall and many of Smithsonian's famed museums. Hear the many stories behind DC's landmarks and most famous national treasures on this three hour tour. Covering over 1,000 acres of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, this is DC's only tour that departs directly from the Mall at the National Museum of American History. Must be at least 16 years old to participate. (Min. weight 100lbs, max 260lbs).
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Had a great time. Was my first time in Washington DC and what a way to start off the sight-seeing. The segway was easy to use and a blast, and the tour was both fun, funny (stories), and informative. Our guide, Lee, was very friendly, laid-back, and informative (perfect!). Was a 3hour tour but didn't feel long at all. I could have done a longer tour:)

1  Thank 206Gemma

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Smithsonian Tour by Segway was great - The tour guide was very knowledgeable of the sites we saw on the tour and the product - The Segways were easy to ride- We were able to see so much more!!

1  Thank Theresa W
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We took the tour as our first activity upon arrival. Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and recommended other things we could visit as well as best restaurants and other tours. We used the information to plan the remainder of our visit. i can not recommend the Smithsonian Segway Tours enough.

1  Thank j z
Reviewed 4 November 2013

What fun! I took a Smithsonian Tours by Segway tour with Lee as my guide. He was knowledgeable and friendly. He took me to a number of attractions I had not yet visited including all the war memorials. He not only gave me facts, but had stories to liven things up. But the real fun is the segway. I didn't know what to expect, but it's easy and fun. I took to it immediately with very little trouble. I took the 1-1/2 tour and am not sure I would want to take a longer one. You are standing all the time. But 1-1/2 hours was just fine. I absolutely recommend both the company and the experience. It so happened it was Halloween so I got to see all the kids lined up at the White House with their costumes on.

2  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

If you've never visited the Mall before, or if you have and remember how much walking is involved, you really need to try the Smithsonian Segway Tour.

The National Mall is almost 3 miles from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol. It's huge! Riding the Segway makes it all possible to see in 3 hours! We toured all up and down the Mall, saw the Capitol, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and more.

Riding the Segway was not challenging. Took this tour today with my 60 year old father-in-law. We both are in average shape and did great on the Segway. Plenty of instruction, and after a few minutes it becomes intuitive.

Our tour guide, Lee, was super! He was very knowledgable and friendly. He really made the tour a lot of fun and kept everything safe.

It's well worth the money to take the Segway tour - it's probably a good idea to make this one of the first things you do in DC to help get an overview of the main sights - then you can decide where you would like to spend more time.

Awesome tour and a lot of fun riding the Segway!

1  Thank John E