“Headed somewhere else and decided to stop”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 3,386 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: G Street, N.W.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. A bipartisan favorite, we have occupied the nation’s capital since 1995, anchored across from the Verizon Center and around the corner from the International Spy Museum, National Portrait Gallery and Chinatown. Make waves at our racetrack-shaped bar or sup on seafood underneath the hull-like ceiling in our restaurant’s main dining room. Either way, be presidential and order a cup of our New England Clam Chowder; it’s been served at every Inauguration since 1981. Other accolades include “Best Place for Great Seafood” (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008) and “Best Crab Cakes” (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008)
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was walking to a different restaurant when I saw this one and decided to stop. I sat in the bar area and the atmosphere was nice. I ordered the crab cake combo, which came with shrimp and scallops and a small salad. The salad was tasty (baby arugula, caramelized onion and dressing), The shrimp and scallops were delicious!! But the crab cake was disappointing and didn't taste good at all. Overall, I enjoyed the restaurant and the price point was low (considering it was seafood and in DC). But, if I come back, I won't order crab cakes.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My son had the filet and mashed potatoes and said it was the best meal he would have during the whole trip because nothing could top it. I had the crab cakes and they were pretty good. The side dishes were a bit average. My husband had the salmon and said it was very good. All in all I have no complaints.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Legal Sea Food is a very good, very consistent chain. You can always count on getting fresh seafood, properly prepared. I have been to these restaurants in Mass. and DC, and they were both excellent. You can't go wrong with Legal Sea Food.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a find, a bit too late as we moved :(
Cesar rocked, light clam chowder a winner, wood oven salmon amazing!!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Enjoyed crab cakes just the way we like them----not formed into perfectly shaped over-mixed patties---these had big pieces of crab and not too many bread crumbs. Wonderful! I also tried something new that was a very pleasant surprise...bang bang cauliflower...try it. I also had a flight of Spanish wines that I really loved. Would recommend to anyone visiting DC.