“AWESOME - Loved this place!”
Review of Penn Social

Penn Social
Ranked #746 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was a quick find while walking through DC and we were so glad we stopped. Very welcoming atmosphere, fun and eclectic. I had sangria that was out-of-this-world. The had all kinds of board games and a downstairs level that was a game room for the kid in all of us. I'd ask them to extend their menu a bit, however. We ended up eating elsewhere when I would've wanted to stay at this bar for the afternoon. Bartender was super nice, security guys were cool and welcoming. Cool place, great vibe. We'll be back on our next trip!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great place in DC for beer, sports, and games. Easy to spend all day here with plenty of activities to keep everyone busy. Lots of space with many games and TV's .. Bar prices are reasonable. I will be back again !

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I just stopped by to catch the end of my hometown baseball's teams game and I never expected this place to be as big or as cool as it is. The staff was really friendly and put my game on a tv. This would be a great place to go with friends because they have so much to so: skee-ball, foosball, pool, shuffleboard, air hockey, bagg-o, hot shot basketball.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We went here to celebrate a friend's birthday on a Saturday night. The upstairs seems pretty chill and laidback. Once you got downstairs, though, it felt like I was back in college: loud music, a big dance area, sticky floors, and drinks being spilled everywhere. It was definitely a fun time, though.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was here for St. Patty's Day to celebrate a friend's completion of the half marathon. Bottom line: If you go for a beer with friends to watch a game, you'll be fine, but eat before you go.

I generally agree with the other yelpers: Penn Social is a fratty scene with pretty bad food. Our table ordered the pretzels with queso (hard and stale tasting), pulled pork sliders (waaay too much sauce in the meat--can someone say ketchup), and my husband had the BBQ beef brisket (overcooked brisquet also slathered in overly sweet bbq sauce). The fries that accompanied the brisket sammie were dry, cold and hard--gross.

Also, there's no table service, even for the drinks, so you have to get up for each round.

Up side - they have games, similar to Boardroom, which can be fun. My takeaway: this place is for students! :)