“Best Hotel Experience in my Life”

Rosewood Washington, D.C.
Ranked #86 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Hotel Experience in my Life”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a frequent traveler, I have stayed in many different hotels worldwide. Capella Hotel DC is hands-down the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying! Everything about the hotel - from the doormen, Personal Assistant Team, food, drinks, amenities - was absolutely fantastic! If you have the chance to stay at this wonderful hotel, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Georgetown Suite is awesome. It is a corner room that overlooks the C&O Canal on one side and 3...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MDTJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
South Africa
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Capella made our 6 night vacation in Washington most pleasurable. The hotel has been decorated with style and attention to detail. Our magnificently appointed, spacious room offered extreme comfort. Esther and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Complimentary fresh fruit, assorted pastries, assorted teas and coffee were offered each morning to be enjoyed in the lounge. Service at the pool deck was faultless. The Capella's central location in charming Georgetown enabled us to walk to numerous restaurants, cafes and shops in the area. It is in strolling distance to the Potomac river with a waterfront development. The tourist sites and museums were a short bus/taxi ride away. What a perfect choice of hotel!

Room Tip: Our corner non-canal facing room on a higher floor was bright and sunny
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FreedSA
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was fortunate enough to spend two nights in one week at Capella and I can assure you that all of my expectations were met and exceeded!
The staff is excellent! They know exactly how to make someone feel right at home. They not only took care of my needs but, they also attended to the needs of my 10-year-old daughter as well. The rooftop lounge even made her a Coke float and a root beer float!
I cannot say enough good things about Capella, the staff, the location, everything was absolutely, positively perfect! I cannot imagine a bad experience at this hotel.
For top-notch, five-star service there is no better place in Washington, DC to stay.
I plan to return shortly for another visit and I am very much looking forward to being a guest there again.
Thanks to everyone at Capella! You made my stay very memorable.

• Stayed June 2014
Newport Beach, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,195 helpful votes
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I took my mother to Sunday brunch at the Capella, as I was curious to check it out for future stays in Washington. What a property! First, brunch was amazing--pricey, but hey, it's Georgetown in a luxury hotel! The food, service, and ambience were all wonderful. Second, we asked for a tour of various room categories and saw most of them, including the Presidential Suite. We actually preferred the deluxe corner rooms and regular rooms more than the junior suite, surprisingly, as we found the junior suite a bit too crowded with the additional seating area. The Presidential was, as expected, spectacular. ALL of the rooms were spacious, beautifully designed, and comfortable as one would expect from Capella. The private rooftop lounge and pool was a lovely creature comfort--even though the pool is tiny, the overall space is incredibly peaceful and inviting.

I would recommend the Capella based on my visit to anyone looking for a more boutique stay at a luxury property in DC. The Ritz is right around the corner, but I didn't have time to check it out for a comparative visit.

I suspect I'll be staying here on my next leisure visit to town!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill R
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our family spent a week at The Capella in June visiting Washington as tourists. Our first decision was whether to stay in Downtown Washington or nearby Georgetown. We absolutely made the right decision to stay in Georgetown as it is an amazing historic suburb with fantastic facilities for visitors (restaurants, shops, harbour...) and is only a $10 taxi ride from The Mall.

The Capella forms a triangle with the neighbouring Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons hotels and is equal to them both in standards and facilities. Where it is significantly different, and in my opinion better, is that it is smaller (40 or so rooms) and therefore much more personal, friendly and calmer with the amazing staff always having time to go that extra mile to help.

The rooms are modern, well equipped and very comfortable. The lobby bar is intimate with a perfect canal side location. But best is the roof top pool and bar. Being able to relax after a hard day's sight seeing by a small pool with a well made cocktail was just a perfect end to each day.

I would recommend the Capella without hesitation. In a world where many city hotels are so similar and formulaic, this brilliant boutique hotel is everything you could need. And the staff truly made our stay perfect

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CPH0_0
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights during busy period in June. Not sure why people go nuts over "Boutique hotels" but this is one of them. Small property with compact public rooms, with part of public areas reserved only for hotel guests. Check in was pretty quick but it took 3 calls to get my luggage brougth up. I usually don't let bellmen take my luggage at all and this is why. TV system is wierd-took a few tries to get TV channels to turn on. Sodas and nespresso coffee in room are free, and I wish i had known that lobby featured fresh fruit and pastries vs. the $18 bowl of just ok and lukewarm oatmeal. Bathroom amenities excellent - folding toothbrush, paste, razors, q-tips and Aqua di Parma toiletries. Room was big enough for one person but with two it would be cramped due to no place to put a second suitcase unless at end of bed.

Work desk is fine but the padded non-office style chair made it very uncomfortable to work due to angle on chair and it was too low for the desk. Ended up with backache both nights after a few hours on computer. Automatic curtains are either open or closed, no halfway. And they are not blackout drapes - with closed drapes light comes in at top and on sides, so bring a sleep mask if staying in this room and light bothers you. Sent documents to be printed at 1am, and so-called speedy turnaround resulted in getting an email more than an hour later that it was very busy so had to claim documents in the morning at check out. Not sure what it is that when in a hurry at checkout the clerks feel the need to engage you in chatter and asking lots of questions. Pricey for what you get but location is very good in heart of Georgetown and walkable to many restaurants, shopping, Foggy Bottom area etc. If you stay here use the C&O Canal path walk between destinations for a nice break from cars and traffic.

Room Tip: ask for room with canal view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank highlandbride
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Capella is a boutique hotel 1/2 block from M Street which is the main street through Georgetown. The staff is impeccable. Friendly and bending over backwards to make sure every question and request is answered. I loved the staff. The hotel room was excellent. Comfortable. The rooftop infiity pool which was indoor and outdoor was a great way to relax after walking around DC for 7 hours! I loved the Rye Bar. The bartender- Angel - was great. He really knew his stuff. I would return without hesitation. I was definitely treated like a valued guest. I put couples but was here on business. The hotel is good for Business or Couples or Solo in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fabutvlagt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington DC
Georgetown
The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#2 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Dupont Circle
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
#23 of 141 in Washington DC

Been to Rosewood Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rosewood Washington, D.C.

Property: Rosewood Washington, D.C.
Address: 1050 31st St NW, Washington DC, DC 20007-4405 (Formerly Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown)
Region: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Georgetown
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #86 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££££
Hotel Class:5 star — Rosewood Washington, D.C. 5*
Situated in the heart of Georgetown along the historic C&O Canal, Rosewood Washington, D.C. presents an intimate & luxurious 49 guest rooms & suites, meticulously designed to provide you with a soothing haven from the day's activities. Our prime location offers guests premium access to Washington, D.C.'s vibrant cultural center, rich with museums and galleries, specialty shopping and unique dining options. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.