“A good time!”

Nightly Spirits
Ranked #4 of 181 Nightlife in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nightly Spirits Historic Haunted Pub Tours take a look at some of the most haunted places in D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, while allowing time to really enjoy the "spirits" along the way. Our tours stop at 3-4 different famous pubs/bars and give you a look into their haunted and historic past. Come try us out, this isn't your ordinary ghost tour and we are confident that you will love our costumed tour guides. All of our tours depart at 8:30 PM from locations near the White House and Old Town Alexandria.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Karima was a great storyteller and did a wonderful job mixing history, haunting stories, and laughter into her tour. The stories were not very scary, but the history was interesting. My husband and I had a great time.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I did the Old Town Alexandria the weekend before Halloween with a group of friends. There was one guy leading the tour in costume who's name I can't recall (sorry) and Jared was also there. I wish I remembered the stories a little better, but uh, I guess that's the nature of it being more of a pub tour. Anyway, they did a good job keeping the group moving along from bar to bar and telling the stories outside as we were passing the buildings, so it was a little spooky and we could take some pictures. Then go inside to warm up and have a drink and get to know each other. I also got introduced to a new favorite pumpkin beer. Maybe just wish we heard a few more stories or that the cost was a little less, but otherwise I really liked the tour. And Jared was very nice too!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I took the Capital Pub Crawl with Kelvin of Nightly Spirits and had a great time! It's a walking tour that stops at 4 different bars, the White House, and a couple other statues/buildings. The stories aren't particularly scary but there is a good bit of interesting historical information. Overall, the tour was a lot of fun but I think it should be mentioned that the bars visited are on the more expensive side. Obviously it's up to you what you want to drink (or not) but just be aware that the night could get pricey!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My boyfriend and I went on the Whitehouse Haunted Pub Crawl with Kelvin and it was amazing. Not only did Kelvin take us to some really neat bars that we would have never found on our own - down winding staircases, around corners and in basements of hotels, but he was also excellent company. He told ghost stories and fun political insider facts. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone coming to DC whether it is your first trip or your 10th trip. It was a great way to see the whitehouse and surrounding area in a different light.

2  Thank cathya15
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We did the tour around the Capitol Hill area and had a great time. The mix of history and ghost stories was perfect, as well as a tour of the dive bars in that area. Our guide, Kelvin, was fantastic and certainly made the experience. I would recommend it.

1  Thank Constance F