“I need to go more often”
Review of Warner Theatre

Warner Theatre
Ranked #105 of 432 things to do in Washington DC
Vienna, Virginia
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“I need to go more often”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've been living in DC for a while now and I've never been in this amazing theatre. I went to see hall and oates and it was a great show. The detail you see in the main hall is simply breath taking, and they make it a very social area to be in. You have two bars (lower level and main level), plenty of ventilation incase you dress up, and just a great classy place to see a show. It's not far from the metro center station so metro can be a good option.

I got to see one of my favorite bands ever in this establishment, and the acoustics were simply amazing. From what I read this building has been up since the 1920's and the attention to detail shows. The seats were a little uncomfortable but I had my wallet in my back pocket. I would recommend getting a seat in the end of the row. It's just easier to get out of the show if something comes up.

Chef Geoff is also right across the street which can be dangerous in a good way. The pictures I included give you an idea of the main hall during a show. It doesn't do the warner theatre justice.

Visited October 2013

North America
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Great Show - Would See it Again”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Went to see Africa Umoja, a South African Song and Dance group. The costumes, the choregraphy, the singing excellent. Very rich and colorful performance.

Those dance moves, the leg work, the depth of the notes and the narrative that accompanied the different sets was captivating to say the least.

You felt you were part of each performance. The high energy was undeniable.The lighting and acoustics were superb and we were about 10 rows away from the stage (mid orchestra section).
It was worth every penny and more.

Rich, Colorful and Engaging !!

Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
412 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 492 helpful votes
“A piece of history in DC that is in great need of repair and some redesign”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We attended a show here that my wife really wanted to see, and originally had seats about in the middle of the main floor. One of the seats was badly broken, and dumped me onto the floor when I tried to sit in it. (I am tall, but below average in weight for my height. I didn't overload it, and in any case this problem was clearly not new.)

I went back to the ticket office to point out that the seat was unusable, and they called the ushers who offered us a complimentary upgrade to seats in a higher cost area within a few rows of the stage. Unfortunately, one of *those* seats was also broken, with an armrest that kept flopping over onto my lap. (And with the show about to start and the theatre just about full, it didn't look like there would be any time for a further try at a correction.) I did manage to hold the armrest at bay during the performance, but it was annoying. We probably should have asked for our $80 back at that point, but my wife *really* wanted to see this performance.

But there turned out to be other, more systematic problems. I'm 6' 4" tall, and yet had to crane my neck to see the action on the stage since it sits up abnormally high above the seats. My wife, who had really wanted to see the pet acts in this performance, is about a foot shorter and hardly saw anything at all except on the rare occasions when one of the trained animals happened to come near the front of the stage.

Warner Theatre is an astonishingly beautiful building originally constructed in the 1920s as a movie palace, and it is worth going inside just to see it. But I'm afraid we've attended our one and only performance here. The overall experience should have been grand, but was a great disappointment. I think my rating is generous, considering that we got essentially no value for the money we laid out for the tickets, but I also think Poor is sufficient to send the message.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank AnnArborMiBob
Raleigh, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very Beautiful Theater!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We went last weekend to go see Daniel Tosh. We had seats in the middle but after being there in person the way the seats are arranged I think anywhere would have been perfect. The theater is beautiful and I don't know why but reminds me of something you would have seen in the early 1900's. You can tell the theater is old and the chairs a bit worn, but its charming and decorated beautifully. We also like the little "walk of fame" on the street outside of the theater, lots of little stars with celebrity names written on the concrete.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank lvanglkat
Edgewater, Maryland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Beautiful theatre no bad seats”
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

This was my third time seeing a show at the beautiful Warner Theatre in DC. The previous two shows were stand up comics, this one was Scooby Doo Live. So I can say that this is a great venue for any kind of entertainment. Previously we sat in the orchestra section. This time mid-balcony. I sincerely believe there is no bad seat here. So buy what is in your price range. I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is such a gorgeous, historical theatre as well. I can't wait to see another show there!! Convenient parking as well!!!!!

9 Thank Cindy S